Just introducing my self

kanine44

Hello, My name is Kathy. I have lost 2 sisters to lung Ca. The first one on my B'day, she was only in her 30's,Her son was 6 mos old when she was diagnosed (I believe she knew when she was preg. but didn't tell any one. She died when her son was 18 mos old) The second sister was not yet 50, w/children & grand children.

I am a nurse & try to relay good lung health habits to my patients. I have also held smoking cessation classes.

I look forward oppertunities to be active in this cause.And hope some day to not need to.

Hi Kathy, welcome. I also am a nurse. Thanks to meeting my friend Connie B and under her guidance have tried to become an advocate. With her we have had several awareness events at the Minnesota state capital, we participated in several at my city hall, and at the local Mall and I have set up tables at the hospital were I work with posters and handouts and info during the month on November.

Connie will probably tell you she lost her Mom , Dad and sister to lung cancer when they told her she too had lung cancer. She is now a 12 year survivor I believe.

Did you go to the ribbon on Events and see all the pictures? Let us know how we can help.

Donna G