seliciclib

TracyD

Has anyone been on this trial, or have any information on it? It's a phase IIb trial that I'm looking at. We're trying to plan our next move and we're thinking of this trial before trying another chemo.

The doc has suggested that if we want to do a trial that it would be better to do it while I'm healthy, rather than waiting until I feel bad. This makes some sense to me.

Any input would be appreciated.

Tracy

CYC-202 is a cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibitor. CDK proteins regulate the process of cell division, by controlling important “check points” in the mitotic cycle. CYC-202 is in testing at CORT in a Phase I study for patients with refractory lung cancer. The drug is given orally, twice daily for three days, repeated every two weeks. The risks of CYC-202 are nausea, vomiting, transient elevations in serum creatinine and liver function parameters and transient hypokalemia.

For more information on this study, visit www.CORTPA.com, or contact one of the CORT Research Coordinators at 972-566-5588.

LINKS FOR INFO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

trial link:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT0 ... 202&rank=1

PHASE 1 TRial results..

http://www.asco.org/portal/site/ASCO/me ... etail_view

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING A PIONEER!! :wink:

Tracy,

Bless you and I'm truly sorry that you're chemo shopping again. Do check with Dr. West on the specifics of this trial and whether this drug would be more effective than something already approved.

Our experience was that the trials become less of an option after multiple lines of treatment, so your oncologist may be right about the timing.

My very best to you.

Hugs,

Welthy

Randy thanks for the info, certainly sounds like an option. Tracy, please keep us posted on this, as I am extremely interested in it.

I have no evidence or scientific reason, but I've always believed, since my first experience seeing a realtive with LC, that there was much more to this disease. I believe that these newer meds such as tarceva, and this protein inibitor, are cutting edge, and closing in on an enormous breakthrough. Don't ask me why, that's just my belief, especially for those advanced patients.

I wish you all the best with your next treatment. If you do enter this trial, please keep me posted as I would be very interested in discussing this with Col and her Oncologist, should the need arise.

As for now, I'm going to do some researsh, If I find anything worthwhile, I'll let everyone know.