waiting

rakwel

Today is the day I meet my oncology Dr. for the first time.Now I can't believe how scared I am. I've been waiting a month to find ou how bad the cancer is aand if it has spread,and to where.Now I just want to put my head in the sand even though I know I can't do that.Thanks you guys for giving me place to vent.This is a great web site and every one has been so kind to me. Thanks again Bill

Bill-

I can't even begin to imagine how scary this is for you. Make sure you take notes, do you have someone going with you? Once you have a plan of attack and know where you stand you will feel better. Let us know how it goes.

Rochelle

Bill,

Most of us can relate to the days before we had all the facts . I can't imagine the fear you have as a patient, but I know how scary this time is. It will be easier when you know exactly where you stand and what course of treatment you will take. So glad you have your partner by your side. That will help. Let us know how you are doing.

God Bless,

Sue

Bill, I was diagnosed with nsclc on 1/29

one week later,appointment to see the Surgeon, one week later, biopsy, one week later etc. Finally I got my treatment plan and start Chemo Monday 3/3/08.

The waiting and not knowing what is next is worse than anything else. I can feel what you are going through. I am so sorry, don't know what to say. Hope you get your treatment plan real fast.

Renate

Hi Guys, I met my new chemo Dr. today and think it is going to be a good fit .He said that he needed a to do a pet scan and a mri of my brain,which will happen next week.Then see the doc on friday and he will know the stage.It all seems like alot wasted time.I'am sure everyone here has been through this drill before me. So I'll quit whinning about it,so everyone take care of themselves.Thanks for being here.

Bill

Bill,

Glad your first impression of your oncologist was a good one. That is so important. As for the time frame you've given for the staging, it sounds like they are moving along pretty fast. I can understand you wanting everything done yesterday, but quite honestly you will find that most cancers don't usually grow at a rapid rate. Good luck to you and keep us informed as you learn more. There are many folks here who will be glad to help you get through the days and weeks ahead.

God Bless,

Sue

Bill-

Glad to see things are moving along. You will read many other peoples stories here where they waited so much longer than you - its so emotionally hard. When the waiting gets too hard, just come here and talk to us!! We will be here!!

Keep us posted and hang in there.

Hugs - Patti B.