new treatment

LisaK

My husband has just begun VP-16 treatments. They said he would have it 1xday for 2 weeks and then have a CT scan. Any hints on what to expect with this treatment? I have noticed that some of you had this drug in combination with Cisplatin. I have heard of this drug, but I can't remember if he has used it or not.

His doctor told us this is the last drug. If it doesn't work, he can't do anything else for us. Where to go from here? He is going to cancer center here, and has been to MD Anderson. I am not ready to give up, and neither is he.

I took VP 16 and Cisplatin, with radiation, then again after I had surgery. VP 16 causes hair to fall out. You can go to '

http://www.chemocare.com/ and read more. Also John posted that Heparin that can be given by injection every day has stabilized lung cancer by working on the fibrin the tumor needs to build up blood supply to grow. That could be another option. Good Luck Keep us posted. Donna G