Shortness of Breath Update

Max L

Hi everyone. Just had a stress test at my cardiologist and results were excellent. Heart doing well. The shortness of breath I have been experiencing along with a little swelling in ankles (am now on a diuretic daily) is not the cause of a heart problem which is actually a good thing. Going to pulmonologist next week and see what he has to say. Guess having my upper left lobe removed takes longer to heal than I thought. Well that is it for now. Everyone stay well and never never give up.

Hi Max, Glad that it wasn't your heart. I met Dr Mican last week. I really liked her. My husband had already met with her previously.

How long did she say it would be to be back to normal. She told my husband before about 2 to 3 months. Maybe your Pulmonary Dr can tell you something more.

This is my first post since the change and this is really hard to read. Best of luck.

Hi Mary

Glad you liked Dr Mican. Inez and I think she is great. Did you happen to mention my name? She did not really tell me how long it would be before I felt really great. I am feeling a lot better, but still get a little short of breath at times. Will talk to Dr Nathan Monday about taking some sort of pulmonary breathing therapy, which the other pulmonologist said she would set up, and, of course, her assistant never did. Mary, hope everything works out well. At this point in my life, every morning I wake up is a wonderful morning. Stay well and never, never give up.

Hi Max; Sorry I missed your post earlier. Hope you come back and let us know what you found out about your breathing.

Yes, I did tell Dr Mican about meeting you online. How much did you see her after the surgery or is her job over after the surgery and released from hospital. I would think a patient would see her for while.

Hope things went well Monday for you. What area of town is this new Pulmonary Dr. in.

Hi Mary....After I came home from the hospital, I did go back to see Dr Mican and never have gone back since. The same thing happened after I had a bypass. Surgeon said there was no need to see him again. Guess the same applys for Dr Mican. My new pulmnologist is accross the street from Lincoln Hospital. Everyone I have spoken to thinks very highly of him. After meeting him, he is very laid back, seems willing to listen and to answer any questions you may have. He gave me some inhalers and is scheduling me for a breathing test in a week or so which will give him more information. So far, so good. His name is Dr Stephen Nathan, 9100 N.2nd St, Ste 221, Phx. Tel: 602 943-9494. Will let you know more after the tests.

If you and your husband would like to meet for lunch one day give us a call. * PM me for my phone number **

Since we are now back in the Antique business we work Wednesday through Saturday, 11AM-4PM. You can also reach me by email.

Take care, keep fighting and never never give up.

Hi Max; Sounds like a winner on your new Pulmonary Dr. Sounds like you will be getting help.

Maybe after my husband is done with his surgery we can meet one day. Not good timing right now. We have several things going on within the next week. I will try to PM you and give you my email address so that we are not chatting on the forum here. I have a few more questions.

I would like to ask about your surgery. Did things go fairly smooth. Other than what you expressed here with the breathing, did you have any really difficult issues.

Best of luck with the new doctor. When you find a good one, keep them. :D

Mary I had no problem with or after the surgery. Everything went really well. Stayed in hospital 4 or 5 days and other than the terrible food, was never really in any great pain or discomfort. Of course, they do make certain to give you a lot of pain pills if you need them. Gave me prescription for 60 percocet or percodan (Do not recall which) and I did use all but 2 or 3. Even then the pains were really more annoying than bad. I still feel a bite or a twinge now and then, but Dr Mican says this is normal. Think we are all different in how we handle the recuperation and I think a lot is due to your other health problems. I am also fighting anemia and heart disease, plus due to the prostate cancer treatement have very little tetesterone and I think when you put this all together, particularly with all the meds I take, it does affect your healing. The anemia probably does play a role in the problem of shortness of breath. Not certain about any of it really, so we just go along trying to be positive and make it through each day. Am fortunate to have Inez as she makes my life so much easier. Anyway, when you are able will be very happy to meet you both for lunch and talk about happy things. Talk to you again. Take care and do not give up and stay as positive as you can.

Hi Carole; I just wanted to let you know that I just read your complete story. You are really an inspiration to others, I am sure.

You have a beautiful smile. It can cause others to smile. (I am aware you look a little older now). :D

I hope you can continue to find some quality of life.