My sisters memorial service

Faith711

We had my sisters memorial service last weekend.. it was so much better than I expected it to be. I have to tell you that she would be so proud of her babies (the 8 and 10 year old, the 4 year old didn't go). Breanna (10 y/o) sang one of her songs "Miracles Happen".. and she did a beautiful job.. she's a ham and she continued to steal the show and was up there talking for at least another 20 minutes. It was so cute and had everyone laughing... then her 8 year old son - who is often withdrawn and shy - wanted to get on stage and say a few words!! We were all so proud of him. They are doing so well... the hardest part was the end when the "slide show" was on showing photos of her... I think everyone lost it then. I wish I just had one more day with her... not how she was at the end.. but my sister before she was sick. I miss her so much... I keep looking for a "sign" from her that there really is an afterlife and that she's ok - but nothing has happened... nothing at all. I haven't even had a dream about her...

On her program at the memorial there was a poem on the back - I don't know where it came from... but I think it's beautiful and wanted to share it with you guys. I know it makes me feel a little bit better.

YOUR CHOICE

You can shed tears that she is gone,

Or you can smile because she lived,

You can close your eyes

And pray that she will come back,

Or you can open your eyes

And see all that she has left.

Your heart can be empty

Because you can't see her

Or you can be full of

The love that you shared.

You can turn your back on

tomorrow and live yesterday,

Or you can be happy for tomorrow

Because of yesterday.

You can remember her

And only that she is gone...

Or you can cherish her memory

And let it live on,

You can cry and close your mind

Be empty and turn your back,

Or you can do what she would want..

Smile, open your eyes, love and go on....

In loving memory of my wonderful sister.. Carolyn.

Faith