Portable Catheter for fluid in lung?

Gracie

Has anyone ever had one? Can you let me know how your experience was with it? My sister may have to have one put in and she's nervous about it. Her son is getting married in a few weeks and she thinks it will look awful as well. Thanks in advance.

Gracie

Hi Gracie. Sorry to hear about that. I have had the fluid drained once at hospital and tube stayed in for a number of days. Obviously the docs thing your sister's lung needs to be drained a bit more regularly and I would think that at a catheter would be relatively painless and will give her independence not to mention relief from liquid on the lung. So not the best, but probably better than letting it build up and having to get it drained again. And if one is always having to go in to get it drained, the risk of infection goes up everytime they need to go in there. I am sure she will do fine with it and hopefully the independence will outweigh the nuisance it will be. Take care