I had an asthma attack yesterday; all I kept thinking was...

Debaroo

all I kept thinking was that this is how terrible my dad feels. I've never had an asthma attack before, it was awful. It felt like someone set an anvil on my chest. I couldn't get enough air, and when I'd get upset it would get worse. All I kept thinking was "this is how daddy feels much of the time." and remembering how he looked in June when he had the fluid drained from his lungs. I just kept thinking how awful it must be, I mean, I hated how I was feeling from the attack-and I was scared-but I KNEW THAT THE ATTACK WOULD STOP; Daddys won't. :cry: My mom came over last night to help me out, I couldn't breathe and really didn't realize what had been happening to me all day until my mom told me that I was having an asthma attack (she used to get them as a kid). I started crying and saying "this is how Daddy feels" and I couldn't stop crying and that made the attack worse.

I havn't been around here much lately. I've been checking in and reading posts, but I feel like I don't know where to start when I go to reply to any of the posts. I hope you guys know that I do keep up on you all, and think about you all each and every day. I want to reply to posts, but just feel overwhelmed and useless. I feel terrible about not responding. My heart wants to, but my mind won't allow the words to come-I just can't articulate to you all how much I care, and that I am here for you all and you are in my thoughts and prayers each day and night.

Just trying to get back into the swing of things. I'm just not myself lately. Take care, everyone, love-Deb

Deb,

I completely understand...I am in the same boat, feeling too overwhelmed to post much. I do hope you are feeling better. It is hard to see our loved ones suffer. Your dad knows how much you love him and I am sure this brings him much comfort. All my best and a big hug to you. Andrea

Deb

I want to say hang in there - some of us know how you feel, some of us aren't sure, but everyone supports you.

If this was the first time you've had an asthma attack, and you're an adult, I think you'd better go to the doc and get checked out. You want to take care of it.

Take care and keep us posted as you can.

God Bless,

Karen C. (Dave C's wife)

Thank you all!! And I hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving.

I realize that my asthma attack was from a chemical that I was using to remove a wallpaper border from my older daughters room (combined with the paint fumes and the dust from my husband spackeling-man-I don't know WHAT I was thinking! I am scheduling a doctors appt. this week, though, and I think I'll ask him for a refferal to an allergy doctor-since I havent really been taking care of all my allergy problems as I should/and have in the past.

Gail, yes, my older daughter-Gwyneth-started kindergarden in Sept.. As you know, I was very nervous about it. But I am proud and happy to report that she is doing very well, and she absolutly LOVES it! I was the one that was apprehensive, fortunatly I was able to hide it from her. Thank you for asking.

I am feeling a bit more re-energized since my last post. We had a really nice Thanksgiving at my house yesterday, Daddy actually stayed the whole time, he took a little nap, and we were all glad that he felt comfortable enough to take a nap with everyone there.

I hope everyone on the board had a nice holiday.

Thanks again, Take care, Deb

Deb, its good to hear from you. Add my name to the same list as understanding as well. I was away from the boards for almost 5 months because of lack of a pc. However, even when i did come come i lurked for a good 6 weeks. I felt exactly the same way. I for one always enjoyed readind your post and replies. Please jump back in Deb we miss you ! Smart move scheduling an appt. for your asthma. This can be a serious and even fatal condition if left untreated. Lots of folks die like this every year its nothing to be taken lightly. Stay away from that spackling huh........ welcome back Deb.

regards

Greg