Jump to content

Post-surgery questions


Recommended Posts

Kelly: I'm following your thread and saw Loveslife's reply following mine. I just got notice of a reply and saw you'd had more than a dozen more! Geez, you must be feeling so overwhelmed.

Funny but I almost asked if you were from Canada. I know your medicine is different there so our timetable doesn't really apply. If you take action on anything in all that good information, I'd follow Ned's or whoever advised posting to Dr West on cancergrace.net. He's the best and the Canadian doctors posting there are great too and they can relate responses to your medical system.

Hey girl, we are all good intentioned but you may feel on a little overload by now.

Judy in Key West

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everybody,

Sorry for the late reply. Yesterday was terrible and today's not looking too good either. My eldest sister is determined to get Mom into an old age home and I had to spend yesterday fighting that. She'll win, no doubt. So I am very sad, to say the least.

The good news is that the surgeon's office called with a new date for my biopsy due to a cancellation. It now takes place next week on June 17.

Sorry, the battle over Mom isn't over yet, and have to go back to that.

This is a nightmare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh Kelly, I'm so sorry about the situation with your mom. Maybe your sister is trying to help or maybe she just doesn't want to do any caretaking herself. Point is you don't need the added stress of worrying about your mom adjusting to a whole new life while yours has been turned upside down.

Glad though to hear about your biopsy being moved up. Do what you have to do. We'll be here when you need us.

Judy in Key West

Link to comment
Share on other sites

(((Kelly))) - I am so sorry you are going through such a nightmare right now. It is excellent news though that your biopsy appointment has been moved to a more reasonable date - next Tuesday sounds much better than August 5th!

Is there any possibility of your sister holding off on making any decision regarding your mom until you have a firm plan of action in place? Perhaps she could attend the follow up appointment with the surgeon after biopsy and hear what your doctor has to say and whether he recommends you make other plans on a short term basis for your mom during your treatment. It seems to me at this point it doesn't have to be moving ahead so quickly; but perhaps there are things I don't understand as I have not been in this situation before. Just know I am thinking of you and hoping your day is better tomorrow.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.