Muscle pain/chemo side effect?

Janette

Mark has been complaining a lot about muscle pain, seems to move about the body, doesn't stay in one spot. Is this a common side effect?? If so, does it go away?

He did mention it to his doc who did say he has had patience complain about muscle pain. chemo was cisplatin/navelbine.

It certainly could be cancer related Janette...and it might not be. I have certainly had various muscle aches and pains that I never had before treatment. But quite frankly, I have given up trying to figure out what is from what anymore. I was driving myself nuts...and plenty of other things to drive myself nuts about! Seriously, withstanding treatments is hard and not without side effects. We all just need to be tough and get through them. I hope he is not in too much pain.

Sandra

Janette-

Lots of people get muscle pain from various chemos. Also, is he taking the Neulasta shot?? Because that causes really bad joint pain!!! But - it means it is working!!

Hoping he begins to feel better real soon. Keep us posted, please!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Janette-

Depending on the chemo he gets, sometimes you get a shot of Neulasta the folliwng day. Its to help with your red blood count. I know I got it when I was on Carbo/Taxol but I didn;t get it with Avastin or now with Alimta. So, if he is not going back the next day, then the chemo he is on must not require it.

Once again, hope he feels better soon!!

Hugs - Patti B.

I was going to suggest it was from Neulasta too. That is a shot for white blood cells. Mom was very sore and tired after it. She also got Aranesp (or Procrit) which is for red blood cells and also had some joint and muscle pain but not as much.