Pain in my side

papawolfe

I have been having this pain in my side for a while now. It is on the same side as my tumor. I have scls limited with a collasped lower lung nodule. Every time i say something to my onc. they tell me it is probobly the lung opening back up. They have given me some pain pills and tell to use them to control the pain. I don't like taking pills and am very relunctant to take them. However i have had to take them from time to time. Today the onc ordered a chest x-ray to see if i am coming down with pneaumonia or bronchcitis due to a couple of coughing attacks i have had. Has anyone else had this problem with this type of pain? And is it a good idea to use these pills to control the pain? Mike

Wish I could shed a little light on this for you, but even tho I had limited sclc, my site was right outside my lungs and had muliple reasons that I had (and continue to have) pain and coughing attacks. My drs. are reluctant to give pain meds.. it has something to do with it may cover up some symtom of something else... who knows but mine's not bad either. Did you have radiation on that side? I know that really hurt me a long time afterwards. I would definitely push to find the reason behind your pain and cough. Hopefully someone else can help more.

wenna

My dad has dry cough after completed the PCI, it may be Radiation Pneumonitis or anything, anyway, the oncologist gives my dad some Prednisone that it does soothe the cough. For the pain, I didn't hear anything like this from my Dad, but he did mention that he sometimes has a headache and his chest feels not really comfortable while he coughs severely.

Pain in my side/chestwall is what got me going back to the Dr before my next appointment. We thought for a minute that it was a possible mets to my ribs but follow up testing didn't prove that out. I was never actually given a reason for the pain and it did eventually go away. I still cough a lot so I think I must have just pulled something some how.

Hope they find your cause & its nothing big :)

I'm sorry to hear of your discomfort. My mom experiences pain in her side also from her liver mets. I don't know if thats the same region your pain is in. She takes Lortab and Morphine pills. She prefers to take the pills and doesn't seem to have any problems with them other than the fact that she takes a nap once a day because they make her tired sometimes.

Hope that helps.

anne