Sunday's and Wednesday's

shrimp

I have spent quite a bit of time online today. Trying to keep my mind occupied. Thanks to those that have chatted with me and helped me get through the day. Wed. I always spent with my parents. Since I am self employed, I can arrange my own schedule. We decided on Wed. because that is when senior citizen discounts are offered here.LOL I am so glad we started that tradition so many years ago. But last Wed was so hard. It was just my Mom & I. We got through it OK. I have asked her if she turns to talk with him and he is not there. She says no, he spent so much of the time in the hospital,or confused, she was out of the habit already.

Again, I can relate. And I am so sorry we have to deal with this.

After my Daddy died, I tried to spend more time with my Mom too--to try and fill the void. She also said since he had been in and out of the hospital and then at dialysis 4 hours a day, three times a week for so long she had grown accustomed to his absence. But it still broke my heart--for both of them and their loss. Unfortunately she was also sick and diagnosed with SCLC two months after his death.

I miss them everyday.

Today was much better, with a smatter of anger when a co worker asked about the care Dad got. She is having problems with a parent and wanted to know if I had had any. I gave her an earful, but the anger wasn't as bad as it has been. I just feel bad that another person is having trouble, and this is not cancer, but elder care, trying to get a wheelchair from insurance and Dr. problems. Her mother is disabled and the seat of her wheelchair wore out. Insurance won't pay- apparently you are only allowed one wheelchair per lifetime.

I know there are good days adn bad days W ejust have to let em roll by and pray for better ones tomorrow all the time. It is difficult to get used to and takes time in different amopunts for all of us!! My thoughts and prayers for a better day tomorrow.

PS If you need or want to chat with someone you can pm them and set a time for the 2 of you to chat here. Our chat room is always available to everyine here at any time that it is needed !!!!