My dog just diagnosed...(updated 11/9)

teriw

Teri,

I just read this tonight.... My goodness poor Mrs. Dickens. I sincerely hope she is up on her feet by now and doing well. I had a friend with a dog that had three legs and he behaved exactly like any other dog around.

I know this must have been very hard for you, I think you made the right decision to give her a chance. Have you decided to do Chemo?

Please give us a new update.... Love, Sharon

Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry I haven't given an update. It's been a crazy week! Mrs. Dickens is doing as well as can be expected. Her pain seems to have dropped significantly. She gets herself up on the couch now (her rightful place). She is very low-key, and we're not sure if she's depressed (understandably), catching up on lost sleep, or just generally doesn't feel very well at the moment. She eats normally and gets excited with visitors and toys and treats. She's always super affectionate and quick to give kisses. We go to a doctor tomorrow to discuss chemo. She's such a sweetheart and so trusting. She lets us do anything we need to do for her. My mom has been great and is staying until we get Mrs. Dickens's staples out on Thursday. She has been loving lying outside and goes from bed to bed to bed. My work has been great about it all too.

Much love to all -- thanks so much for your thoughts and support,