Thursday's Air

jaminkw

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Because of my husband's work which often clusters around holidays, I feel my life is often out of sync with others. While people are celebrating the 4th of July, Memorial Day and New Year's Day with family and friends, I am usually doing something mundane like today--cleaning the BR in the RV. We really didn't have time to clean it properly and either I've got a cold with stuffy head and sore throat or my allergies have gone bonkers. My remedy, change the bed linens and thoroughly dust and vacuum, change and clean air filters etc. Sounds like fun, huh? See Janet B, it's easy for me to keep this going. I have no life LOL.

Hope you all are having a more pleasant and relaxing day than I. Will pick up Dominick later from his friend's house where he stayed overnight and things will get better! Should we be thinking of resolutions? Nah!

Judy in Key West

Judy in Key West

Oh Judy - I hope you have SOME fun today!

On the bright side - my husband refuses to heat the bedrooms so here in New England my bedroom is SO cold that it rarely gets cleaned at all between December and March! It is so messy now that I think one day this week as soon as he leaves for work I will hike up the heat and clean!

Today I have all three "kids" home and that is what makes me the happiest! They are 20,21 and 23 now and we plan to spend the day eating, playing more board games and video games and watching all three Back to the Futures!

(we did start the day with the promised mimosas!)

I hope everyone has a wonderfully happy New Year!!

The way I look at it - I hit the 2 year survival mark on Dec. 22 so 2009 is a very pleasant surprise!! :D

Peace - Janet

Well at least cleaning the RV will not give you a headache like I have Judy. LOL

Ringing in the New Year was nice but unfortunately my son was flying home last night. He got stuck in 1 airport yesterday morning because of a snowstorm in B.C. Finally made it to Edmonton last night. Only 1 more flight and he was supposed to arrive home at 9:30pm. His flight got cancelled because of cold weather !!! He had to stay in a hotel in Edmonton on New Year's eve. Oh well...what can you do.

Janet, I remember those days when my kids were young twenty-year-olds as being so much fun. Enjoy, they get less fun as they get older. Hopefully, they give you grandkids so you can have fun with then LOL.

Bruce, I'm so sorry your son's plans got ruined and he had to spend NY Eve in a hotel. But my dear, that does nothing to explain your headache LOL.

Judy in Key West

P.S. I'm done working for the day. I'm going to pick Dominick up in an hour. I'll bring him back here for what I'm sure is a much needed dirty boy shower and then I think we'll go to Olive Garden.

Happy New Year to all. Today we warmed up to 24 degrees F and guess what , No Snow to shovel!!!!!!! Yipppee. The dogs and I went to the dog park this afternoon and they found lots of friends to play with and come home all worn out.

Again I wish all a Happy New Year.

Donna G

Overcast and low 40s here. I love it.

Today was really good. I made dinner and had two of my neighbors over. We had such a good time on a day that could be pretty rough. My family is far away and then there are those other New Years I remember with my husband and the ones I never had with Johnny. Somehow when you are alone even good memories can be painful. Instead we had good food and good conversation. We laughed a lot and then I put on " O brother where ar't thou" and we really laughed.

I sure hope all of those problems get worked out and all of you have a pleasant weekend. Again I wish you all a Happy and beautiful New Year.

It was a nice, quiet day.

Nick called me early this morning from his deer stand to wish me a happy New Year. He's having a great time. He should be home on Saturday or Sunday. He's hoping for Sunday, of course!! An extra day of hunting is precious to him.

I did a little Bible study, a couple of loads of laundry and had a nice dinner at Mom's. And I even managed to squeeze in a short nap.

Right now, I'm sitting here relaxing with a glass of wine. Just me and the dog. And then it's off to bed. It's back to work for me tomorrow.