Getting to Know You - Tuesday, May 5

Ann

What is the last thing you bought just because you wanted it? I know there are lots of things we buy because we need them, but there are those things that we just want to have. So....what's your last purchase that you made just for fun???

Hi Ann.

Funny you should ask since this is one area that has been affected by my lc dx. I lost 50 lbs (thanks to Dr. Atkins, may he rest in peace) between 6/04 and 6/05 and went on a clothes-buying binge. That came to an abrupt halt when I was dx (12/07), as did buying anything for the house that struck my fancy since I knew it was just one more thing my husband would have to deal with (and dealing with such things is not his strong suit). So in the past 16 months the only things I've bought on a whim are some toys for my dog (who has no interest in them) and one great little Polartec 'dress' for her in a black, brown, and white leopard print. She's black and rust and it suits her perfectly and she loves it! When I want to take it off her, she crosses her front legs so I can't! Oh, I've also bought some stuff for the hubby but that was more because I thought he kinda needed them.

What have you bought on a whim?

Ellen

Well, on Saturday we bought a new motorcycle. We had Harley Heritage Softail and loved riding that bike but I have to tell you that my back has really bothered me lately when we ride. So...we bought a Harley Ultra Classic. It's the touring bike, like many of the cops ride. She's pearl white and riding on her is a dream!!! We figure we're spending the kid's inheritance but are having a ball doing so!!!

I was going to say I bought my road bike on a whim - but that just pales in comparison to buying a motorcycle on a whim. :) But I did do that - summer of '07, stopped in the bike store and then walked out with about $1000 of bike (which is really quite cheap for a road bike).

I buy a LOT of scrapbooking supplies and they bring smiles to my face when I use them and see a fun new scrapbook page.

HID headlights for the xb !!! Had to have em!!!! :wink: Its a safety thing really they are brighter and better!!! really they are !

Well, I haven't actually bought it yet, but I am thinking about buying a GPS. I'm going to be spending a lot of time in Orlando. I'm sure I would appreciate being able to find my way around town without getting lost.

So, although it isn't a totally frivolous purchase, it's not something I would normally buy for myself. I've never been a "gadget" person. LOL

Oh, and I bought myself an e-pass for the toll roads. It's rather nerve-wracking if you pay with cash. You have to practically exit the road, then merge back on. With the e-pass, you just keep on driving. No muss, no fuss. It saves me 10 minutes drive time and a ton of aggravation!