Getting to Know You - Friday, June 19

Ann

OK....we're on a field assignment today. Alright....it's only a pretend field assignment but play along with me here.

Ready??? First of all, we have to pretend that you have no music at home....no records, no tapes, no CD's...no Ipod downloads. You've been given a coupon for 1 free CD of your choice and this is all you can take home.

We're headed to the very biggest music store that you can imagine. This store is jam packed with CD's and has a collection of anyone and everyone. You have a coupon for ONE free CD of your choice...any one....but only one. What CD (song) do you pick and who is the artist?

Now, tell us why this would be your one and only CD.

Maxine14.jpg

In case no one has noticed yet, I'm a Beatles fan. In 1968 the second biggest selling album of the year was called The Beatles. Only second biggest? Yes, however it wasn't released until the end of November. I'd have to have The Beatles, White Album.

Donny in Way West

Right now I am a total "Kid Rock" groupy. I also love, love, love Aerosmith and AC/DC. But the cd I would get? Electric Light Orchestra (ELO)-Time. I have listened to that (then) album since 1981 and I have never, ever gotten sick of it!

Dana

Carole King - Tapestry

Tapestry is such a great collection of all time greats by Carole King:

1. "I Feel the Earth Move" – 2:58

2. "So Far Away" – 3:55

3. "It's Too Late" (lyrics by Toni Stern) – 3:53

4. "Home Again" – 2:29

5. "Beautiful" – 3:08

6. "Way Over Yonder" – 4:44

7. "You've Got a Friend" – 5:09

8. "Where You Lead" (lyrics by Stern) – 3:20

9. "Will You Love Me Tomorrow?" (Gerry Goffin, King) – 4:12

10. "Smackwater Jack" (Goffin, King) – 3:41

11. "Tapestry" – 3:13

12. "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" (Goffin, King, Jerry

Wexler) – 3:49

How could you go wrong if this was the only CD you had? I wish I knew how many times I have listened to this throughout my life. IT seems there are so many albums/cd's that I have bought in the past and have then wondered why I bought them, as there is only one...maybe two...songs that I even like. I know every word of every song on the cd and have a ball singing along.