Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! This will hopefully be brief because the man is waiting. I get to go out today--in my car! Exciting things on the agenda--a drug store, grocery store and the new Cancer Center for labs. Oh, before that though, we get to go out to breakfast. Ya Hoooo.

Woke up at 5:45 and said to myself, no way, not getting up. Went back to sleep and slept til almost 7:30. Am I a happy camper. We're having the crew here working with my husband for a cook-out tonight so I need to be awake.

Have to mention a gab fest with neighbors last night--Joanie was out there. She's my new friend I met earlier in the day--78 years old and kicking around pretty good. And she had 13 kids! Joanie and Edie and her husband and mine stood out in the street for a half hour. They seem to enjoy us but also seem to think we are a little crazy. Imagine.

So much for brevity. But Will, in case you are reading while you are away. Geez! You almost make Patti look like a slug. Sorry Patti, that is definitely not an incentive for you to crank it up. But Will, make sure you work some fun into your visit home. Soak up some Paw Paw time too.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Mansfield, PA

You Crazy BAHHHHHHHH!! Thats funny Judy just popping in before world news ! Have a great out and about day today!!!!

Judy, I'm so happy to hear that you will be out and about in your car today. I can sense the excitement in your words !!!

Quiet day here today...thank goodness. Although I dearly love those babies, they can really wear you done. God really knew what he was doing when he gave YOUNG women the ability to give birth. When I read about some of these "miracle" births by older women....I am always amazed. I know everyone has different energy and ability to cope levels but there is no way I could handle caring for a toddler 24-7 at this point in life. I raised three boys and thought nothing of it....when I was in my s0's and 30's.

So, tonight is an "off" night. No meetings, no babies, no shopping, no cooking....just kicking back and being lazy!!! The only thing that could make this day better is if it was Friday, my favorite day of the week.

Weather here still the same, hot, humid and a good chance of afternoon showers. I really hope the storms aren't too bad today. A man was struck by lighting just a few miles away yesterday and didn't survive. Yesterday's storm was filled with terrible lightning that just came out of nowhere and was really severe.

So, here's hoping everyone is happy in your little corner of the world.