question

lilyjohn

I have a question for all of you. It is something that has been bothering me for a long time.

Have any of you or your loved one with lung cancer had an adversion to all smells? Not just chemical or strong odors but all smells?

If so does it feel like it is taking your breath away? Do they cause you to hyperventilate?

That is one of the strangest of the things that I went through with Johnny, He couldn't even stand for me to cook the last two weeks he was home. I am just not sure if it was a physical problem or part of the anxiety.

deb had an aversion to some smells!! We had to switch a lot of cleaning products and laundry detergent. She had an aversion to some foods cooking but not everything!!

Yes, I could and to a degree still can smell dirty hair at a hundred paces. While I have never enoyed the smell of unwashed hair it became wildly exaggerated during my first chemo.

I have changed direction in stores because I could smell someones hair, unwashed bodies and dirty clothes had the same effect.

I have just realised that I'm typing this with a grimace on my face even though I'm alone and my hair is clean! :shock:

Yuck :lol::lol::lol:

Geri