from milano italy for my DH

tessas

I apologize for my English ,

I'm writing from Milano Italy. My beloved husband age 47 has been found NCLSC N2 after problems with his eyes. He as been been op. 3/11 for a single MET in the brain and he recover perfectly. He's completely asymptomatic. After TC and PET he's been classify N2 because a part from the primary tumour in the upper left lung size 3 cm there is another linfonode involved in the centre of the chest. After the brain op I took him to a Thoracic Oncologist Surgery for opinion and he said : first WBR to close the brain story, then 3 chicle CT with CDDP+gemcitabina.

We went to radiotherapist with RM : they were not sure that the op has took everything away and with bad words in front of him they said he need CyberKnife. We run into Centre for Ciberknife and doc says NO EVIDENCE for this treatment...Went back to previos Radiotherapist but now my husband has lost faith so ...we change Radiotherapist.

Last visit 4/19. My hus has lost a bit of voice and start to feel a strange pain on the top of his left shoulder. Doc visit him and says: You are ready for WBR but let me speak with Oncologist and Thoracic surgery ...maybe is better to step back with radio and start chemio. And we are waiting to hear news from him.

My question for you all is :

have you ever heard about THERMOTHERAPY ? it should improve radio and chemio.

I've found a lot of support and give me hopes reading you all.

Thanks - tessa

post-41501-141270978591_thumb.jpg

Hi Tessa,

I did a little research on thermotherapy, and honestly have never heard of it being used in treating cancer. It sounds like an interesting take on things though. I've just used it for sore muscles in the past. But the following article delves a little deeper in saying it is used to treat certain cancers.

We do have a Board Index topic that is ask the doctor. Or try the web site that Dana suggested.

You and your family are very handsome! I wish you the best with this.

Judy in MI

No apologies for your English needed -- it's the only language I speak, and I don't do as well!

I have to admit I have not heard of this either, but as someone mentioned, I would encourage you to go to www.cancergrace.org and ask Dr. West. It may be that it is one of those things that is available in Europe, but not yet available here. Sometimes we seem to be very slow with new things.

All the best,

Diane

thermo therapy or heat therapy is a relatively new and untested type or treatment here in the US ! I know there has been some limited research in this area of treatment. using heat to kill cells has been around but just not thought or researched as of yet! I know because I follow research quite closely! :wink:

Welcome! I have not heard of thermo therapy, but as others have suggested, I would ask the doctors at www.cancergrace.org.

I am sorry you are getting such conflicting information from different doctors. It is a scary diagnosis, but there are treatments available. I hope your husband's doctors can decide on a course of treatment and get started on it.

Please let us know what course of treatment they decide on. Whether they go with radiation or chemo there are plenty of people here who are happy to share their experiences with you to help you both cope better.

Susan

ps--I visited your lovely city and country a few years ago. Ever since all I can think about is going back!

Thank You all so much for the warm welcome.

Our New Radiotherapist after speaking with Oncologist and Thoracic Surgery decided to follow up with Radio WB. It will take at least 10/15 days to start treatment with the National Health Services.

Meanwhile I've found a new Psycho Oncologist ( the last one after my H asked for some sort of support to keep calm suggested Infuse of herbs...no interest at all about him and his feeling of fear ) that will see him this afternoon.

I think next time I will post in the right place NSCLS . I apologise if this is not the right one. I will learn also to sign with all the addendum.

My best best best CIAO to all of you.

Tessa

tessa, as terrifying as a cancer dx is, your husband doesn't need the added stress of medical conflicts over treatment. The only good thing about it is that a number of treatments are being considered. Can only trust they make the right choice.

You have a lovely family and as for your husband's fear, you can for sure tell him it's normal. And once a course of action is established, the fear starts to diminish especially if/when they get evidence it's working. Those of us dx'd with level 3 and 4 can attest to that. Yes, it flares up briefly with each scheduled scan but doesn't haunt every day.

Do check out cancergrace.org when you have medical questions. Dr W and colleagues there are great and it's free.

Judy in KW

tessa, as terrifying as a cancer dx is, your husband doesn't need the added stress of medical conflicts over treatment. The only good thing about it is that a number of treatments are being considered. Can only trust they make the right choice.

You have a lovely family and as for your husband's fear, you can for sure tell him it's normal. And once a course of action is established, the fear starts to diminish especially if/when they get evidence it's working. Those of us dx'd with level 3 and 4 can attest to that. Yes, it flares up briefly with each scheduled scan but doesn't haunt every day.

Do check out cancergrace.org when you have medical questions. Dr W and colleagues there are great and it's free.

Judy in KW