Monday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Not happy with the number of overcast days lately. It's a muggy 81 degrees. The sun rose bright and shining about a couple of hours ago. Hopefully, it's taking a break and will be back soon as is often the case here. I try not to complain. I remember when I lived in PA, the gray would hang around for days and days.

Lovely night out last night. It was a thrill to run into so many old acquaintances. A former mayor (female by the way) and a founder of the Red Barn Theatre performed and I'm sure they were a big draw as it was stand up comedy night for graduates of a local Comedy Bootcamp event. Much fun.

I wish I could play again today but I was a slug all weekend and need to get in the office and work. Of course, it looks like a disaster (supposed to straighten it yesterday) so I have to get it together before I can even think of working. I can only work in tidy lol.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Let's try this again. I guess I was posting the same time as Judy. I'll delete mine and make a reply here, instead.

Good morning, everyone!

It was 73 degrees as I rode to work this morning. It will be 90 degrees with a big south wind for me to fight on the way home this afternoon.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I rode 106 miles in a club ride on Saturday, and made a short fishing trip on Sunday. I went to Lake Whitney, and didn't catch much. I was more interested in checking out the boat motor. I had installed a stator in it on Thursday, and sure enough, that fixed the intermittent bad running I'd been fighting for a while.

My average weight last week was 183 pounds. That is my target weight, and means I have finally gotten rid of the extra 10 pounds I've been carrying around for the last year and a half. For a lung-challenged cyclist climbing a hill, 10 pounds makes a big difference. I need to keep a closer watch on my weight, now.

Have a great day, all!

Good morning! It's bright and hot here. Well, maybe not hot yet. Still cools down nicely at night. But will see 90 today. And muggy. I do not breathe well in muggy weather on a good day, and with the pollen, dust, and mold allergies, on top of this cold, I really didn't do well yesterday. So the house is buttoned up, and I will stay indoors for the day.

Yesterday we got the pontoon out of storage. We are taking a bunch of single Mom's kids fishing for the day in a couple of weeks. Our church does events for single Mom's that either pamper them, while we watch the kids, or give them a "day off" and we entertain the kids. This is their summer "day off". We plan on fishing, lawn games, and lots of good food. It should be fun.

This weekend is the Memorial Day weekend, and hubs is itching to get out fishing. He did go out last night and got a beauty of a Pike, about 32 inches. We have tons of lakes around our home, and ironically, the lake we live on we don't have our boat on.

The Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) prevents us from putting a boat launch on what they call wet lands. So we've applied for a permit to do this, and have been told it will take at least 60 days, which puts us close to August! So we keep the boat on the trailer, and haul it around to the different lakes and fish and float. Next year we will have the launch in and that will be very nice.

Congrats on the weight loss. You bet 10 pounds can make a difference in biking! Good for you. The Comedy night sounds like it was a lot of fun Judy. That's fantastic.

Have a great day!

Judy in MI

Sorry I bumped into you like that Bud. Congratulations on the weight loss! I am going to try to get inspiration from you. I'm still carrying 20 xtra lbs since dx. I'm miserable with all this weight. I've always been a petite person and have never weighed this much. From what I am told by my onc, I'm fighting an uphill battle with the steroids every 3 weeks. I just don't think that's reason to stop trying. Judy in MI, my problem is I feed nausea. I did when I was pregnant too. My doc then reassured me I wasn't crazy. Lots of people do that because there is temporary relief while you are eating. Unfortunately, it's temporary so you want to do it again. lol

Judy in KW

It is 94 degrees right now in Minnesota!

This breaks all records kept for this date since 1875

The normal high for this date is 73

It is also very humid too.

We have turned on our air conditioning.

Donna G