Sunday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! It's only 11:40 so it's stil am. Actually heard Stan tell someone it wasn't so bad here at 91 degrees as long as you stay out of the sun. Can't figure this guy at all lol!

Got myself up and out about 9 this morning so I could hitch a ride with Stan. I needed to go to the drug store, he the grocery store. We did the grocery shopping together. He opts to sit in the car when I go in the drug store. He knows that will speed me up a little.

Sunday is my day of rest so I plan on doing nothing important for the rest of the day. Maybe make some sugar free Jello. How's that for excitement. Well I have to wean myself off candy. I got some old fashioned stuff at the Amish store and scoffed it every day. Thank goodness it's all gone.

Have a great lazy day everyone.

Oh, Bud, congratulations on the ride. And I will be looking forward to those CT study results. Keep us posted.

Judy in KW

Good Evening Everyone,

Weather Ditto,Saturday and Sunday, had a great fun day yesterday,on Glasgow Green,got loads of pics to share of the parade and events,the rain later in the afternoon did curtail our visit somewhat and we went home earlier than planned.However today was a bit sunnier and I decided to go back,with my camera to see things that I had missed,and there a lot more than I realised,what a great afternoon.I stopped into a nearby bar for a drink and something to eat,and the waiter told me the menu was entirely vegan?I nearly fell off the chair when I asked him what he would recommend,his reply "we do a lovely vegan haggis"get outta here I said how can you do a vegan haggis?(I am not making this up you know)Well I ordered it can in a thin pastry roled into balls with a nice salad and separate sauce,now if you have tried haggis youll know it has a unique texture and flavour,well this was delicious,I swear I coundnt distinguish it from the real

mccoy,I told the waiter so, and he left bursting with pride,to tell the chef.Ill post my pics when I found up Chris,Donnie you are a rodeo buff,get over here and lasso him.

Hi Calintay ,you dont work with Randy do you,59 working hours a week,what is it with you guys,I mean I love my job and all that,but I didnt marry it,come on drop the work and spend more time talking to the buddies here,thats an order.

Hi Stephanie,your remark "I havent wallpapered since 1981"brought a large smile to my chops,it sounded like Mr Spock in Startrek,how can you possibly remember 1981?,I have trouble remembering last week.

Be nice if you have to go on a Rehab programme to get your social security,you get to choose your own preferrence,may I suggest you tell them eg Wine Taster in the Italian Riveria,or Marine Biology-boating on the Med,or Linguist,six month tour of Western Europe,even better if theyll fund it also.

Judy sorry you falling out of bed awake,I just cannot stop laughing,and I do know your dignity hurt.Think you should remove a set of seat belts from your car and install them in your bed,here this sounds a wee bit kinky,sorry,better discuss this with Stan first,he might have difficulty intalling them.

Judy MI,I really think it is a bit much,poor hubby, fancy youve got him pushing a mower around the lawn at his age and condition,he should have been directing you pushing the mower.from his favorite garden seat holding a bottle of beer.You have got to think positively,now if you had been pushing the mower,you would not have cut the TV cable,I should think not,and you would still be watching your TV.There you have the answer.

Bud thanks for your thoughts on CT scans,interesting.I am sending you a well deseved Yellow Jersey for the Tour de Goatneck,I really hope your gang raised plenty for good causes,well done, you put us all to shame.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone,bye for now.

Hi Donnie,

I am really concerned about your breathing problems,please can you contact your GP or other health professional,please keep in touch about your progress,god bless.I will post again shortly,to see how you are doing.

Donnie, I'm with Eric. It is frustrating even for your friends to think there isn't something they can do to help you function more comfortably. I know you are way up there somewhere in God's country but do you think you could travel some distance for a second opinion. Just a friend wondering, o.k.

Judy in KW

Hi Donnie,

Its 1.45am here, I am just going to bed now,I am really tired,but I am anxious about you also,please try and get some professional support,will contact you first thing in the morning.God bless.

Eric - thank you for the laugh and perspective. Luckily, the Ticket to Work is voluntary. I may have to field calls from agencies trolling for clients, but I can even get put on a "do not call" list if it a problem.

In 1981, I was living at Lake Tahoe. My folks bought a house to retire to and I went there to live as a caretaker in 1980. Well, they came up the sooner than expected and while my Dad continued to work down the steep and winding road in Reno, my Mom did a total rehab of the house. I think almost every wall got wallpapered. I'm not sure why it was desired. Luckily, it was left to professionals. The best of the lot that worked on that house. Some of the contractors were really poor workmen. Hard to believe I ever trusted a contractor after that experience. But I am still amazed at what the trades can do when they are doing right. (Spoken like a true architect?)

Oh yeah, vegan bars and restaurants are getting big here too. The most hip neighborhood has quite a few! Here's a slice:

http://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2010/07/28/capitol-hill-sprouts-vegan-dining-scene-like-no-other

It's 10:42pm....no TV.............we can't figure out how to make the DVR work for a rented movie. LOL! Old farts we are. So he went to bed, and I'm killing time here until sleepy time kicks in. The air conditioning got fixed yesterday. Had a mouse family in there getting comfy. They are gone now. Yes! A/C is back.

Donny, I pray for comfort for you tonight. I pray for the lungs to heal and give you comfort.

Eric, vegan Haggai? That sounds bizarre, but I love veggies, so I'd be willing to try it.

I'm tired. Muscle spasms still harassing me. The medication is not working. This I know....these spasms are caused by being cold. I have the A/C in the car on 80 and I"m comfy. Any cooler than that and I have spasms. I can't believe the doctors can't find a correlation there. *sigh*

Whatever...I will be fine.

Judy in MI