HELP!

Ned, my dear sweet friend. You know my retention is awful with age and all the frying of my brain. I have an album with three pics of Bruce's farm. I've done this before but for the life of me can't get them from photobucket to LCSC. I've tried opening a window in this forum and pasting a URL they gave me and all I get is a window with the URL in it. What am I missing here????

Judy in KW

PS See you are still on Navelbine. So glad it's still working for you. Still looking for my majic bullet.

Hey I'm not Bud, but I can help you. You go to your photobucket account and copy the "direct link" url. Depending on the age of the computer, you can highlight the link and it copies itself, or hit Ctrl C button to copy it.

Then come here and go to the Img thing at the top right. . Your cursor will be in the middle of

Hit Ctrl V and it will paste that link in there. When you hit submit, your picture will be there.

Judy in MI

Judy, I always just use the fourth option in photobucket, which copies everything, including the IMG tags. When you paste, it looks like below (I've changed the braces to parentheses so you can see the code):

(IMG)http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Bud_Bent/Misc/lungscan.gif(/IMG)

If you just paste that on a blank line, you get this:

lungscan.gif

What a neat little graphic, Bud!

I put that together a long time ago, planning for a funny post about my newest CT scan. But the day I was going to post it, there was just too much bad stuff going on here, and I couldn't bring myself to post a humorous train wreck lung scan. So here it is now.......LOL.

Bud, now I'm even more impressed! I figured you'd copied it from somewhere too, but then there aren't very many people in the world who have the requisite combination of lung cancer experience, unusual [or supply your own adjective] sense of humor, and technical skill to bring it all together or even come up with the idea. I have a program that's supposed to do a nice job of constructing animated GIFs, but I've never tried it. Do you mind if I post yours at GRACE?

Ned

Sure, Ned, use it if you want to.

The train wreck was an icon from another forum. I found a lung image, clipped off the upper lobe, and used Microsoft's free Gif Animator and Paint Shop Pro to screen capture the individual images and build the new image.

It was my very early days here, and I wasn't sure how ready people here were for my sense of humor........LOL. I might have had the guts to post it if it had been at a time when there wasn't so much bad going on. I pretty much forgot about it until I was looking around for a sample image for this thread.

As I recall, I did use it in a cycling forum, along with a post that read something like, "Here's my latest CT scan. I'm thinking it looks pretty good. Don't you agree?" I don't think it even drew a response at all. Sometimes my sense of humor is just mine.......LOL.

Thanks, Bud, I will. Every life has a few flights above the clouds and a few train wrecks and a whole lot in between. An unfortunate event may be far from funny at the time, but if we can't make light of it later, we've made the rest of our life a lot harder than it needs to be. Aloha,

Ned