Saturday AIR

Joppette

Hi friends,

I'm up at 4:30AM, so thought I'd start the Air today! Hope all is well with you.

I'm still in the "celebration mode" about my cold being gone! How amazing it is to not cough and sneeze my way through the day!

Picked up a new person to mentor through her lung cancer diagnosis! She has a story very similar to mine. I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.

We are back to cold weather again, with steady rain for the next day or so. Rain is good, it brings the Spring flowers!

Don't have any big plans for the weekend. We are in the "wait and see" mode with the weather, and plans to work on the yard and gardens.

We have a business meeting set up for this afternoon to discuss our newest business ideas, to see if we are all on the same page. I'm hoping we are all in agreement with this.

I don't have much more to add to this....in the wait and see mode. I can't wait until we are into the action mode and ready to get going on anything....something......

Hope all is well with you.

Judy in MI

Morning All! Judy, you are up early. Glad to hear you are feeling better. It must be hard waiting to get the business thing in gear. Everyone knows, waiting is my worst weakness.

I am celebrating today and feeling well. I had my perio-something procedure around 4 pm Thursday. They took a bunch of fluid out of my belly. I saw four and one-half large jars filled with yuk. I'm not sure of liquid measurement but I think they were litres so that would be over a gallon. They told me it would be more than 8 lbs and the tech in my room confirmed that when she whipped out a scale lol. I delivered a really big baby!

I had my first taxotere yesterday and was finally discharged about 2:30. Boy they make it hard to get out of hospital. Back at the coach I fell asleep about 4 pm and slept for ten hours except for getting up and eating that hot dog I had been craving. Ten hours got me up at 2-something but I didn't care. I read a little and got up with Stan sometime after 3 am. I expect the chemo symptoms to kick in in a day or so. I am just enjoying feeling good for as long as it lasts after feeling so badly for so long.

Haven't read yet so I don't know what's going on with you all. My son may be coming with the kids this morning. Thought I'd say hi. May not get back for awhile.

Missed you all and hope to be home and back to normal (whatever that is anymore) soon.

Have a great day.

Judy in Orlando.

Good morning, everyone! It's 37 degrees outside this morning. Forecast high is 77.

Glad you're feeling better, KW Judy. I hope the Taxotere doesn't get you down too much. And glad to hear your cold is gone, MI Judy.

Yesterday was supposed to be windy here, but not as windy as it got. It was gusting to 50 mph as I rode home from work, to surpass Katie's "little windy" day and become the windiest day I've bike commuted on. Fortunately, it was blowing from the west northwest, a quartering tailwind that let me keep the bike upright, although there were interesting moments here and there.

The worst part was the blowing dust. I haven't seen it get that dusty here in a long time. My lung leftovers really don't like that kind of dust in the air, especially while I'm huffing and puffing on a bike.

And the wind changed my vacation plans. Instead of spending today on Lake Fork, casting lures to bedding bass, I get to spend the day rebuilding my fence that the wind blew down. It's a six foot wooden privacy fence, and I'll be replacing the broken wood fence posts with steel ones, so it shouldn't come down again.

Have a great day, all!

Judy (MI) - I'm glad to hear that your cold / cough is finally disappearing - and you have something to look forward to in mentoring another survivor and getting busy with another business. That's what will help you - you have been one of the busiest people on here so it seems that you will be back at full steam ahead. Guess I'll have to rest for you - and I can do that no problem.

Judy (North of KW) - I'm so so glad to hear that you did get out of prison (well I guess it would be federal prison the way you described it). I hope that everything stays good especially with the visitors - does that mean you will go straight south after Monday or will you still stop at your daughters? I don't know about you but it is so different as I write "to you" now that I can picture you in my mind as I write. Hope that you rest and save your strength to get thru the hard days that may be ahead.

Bud - I think that is the first time I ever heard you say anything about huffing and puffing. I thought you were invincible - I hope that dust dies down. It's just a shame vacation days are spent doing home work instead of fun work.

Speaking of fun work - I guess I better get motivated I need to shower and get dressed since the kid is having a visitor (his little girlfriend is coming over). I know I am breaking my rules because he got in trouble (with me) Thursday. He had a conversation about drugs with someone on facebook and I found out he coerced my mom into buying him a pack of cigarettes. I'll let you guess how mad I got - he can probably thank Judy (KW) because I was so excited to call her back I lost my nephew in trouble steam.

I am off to take a shower - - I'll check back later to see who else has been on - -

Annette

Back! It's almost 3:00PM now!

Judy I just wanted to read and see if you were here. My heart jumped for joy to hear that "spring" in your voice! LOL! As if any of that can be heard on line. But you know what I mean. 8 pounds of liquid! Wow. No wonder you felt so awful! Thankful, thankful, thankful for your news. Now Taxotere you behave yourself, and consider it your honor to be able to drip in Judy's veins!

Bud, that is some wind! We had that yesterday too. It was crazy wind, kind of whipping my vehicle side ways and forward as I'm driving down the road. Can't imagine doing that on a bike! The blowing dust would be an issue for me too!

Annette, you let your nephew off the "bad" hook with those cigs! And your Mom wants to get custody back? That's scary to say the least. But I understand. Kids do grow on us, don't they?

Anyway, just wanted to check back, and now off to having our business meeting. After I'm making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, with salad, and garlic bread. Got a couple bottles of vino. And we'll have these folks stay over for dinner and a toddy or two.

Bye!

Judy in MI

Dinner and a toddy better watch your door - Eric might show up for the toddy. Keith borrowed the movie Black Swan from someone at work so he wants to watch it (I've been watching deadliest catch all day - he got me the season six dvd's.

Anyway - we aren't having spaghetti - we are having tater tots and corn dogs - yumm. Tomorrow I will force myself to cook pork chops.

TTYL,

Annette