I'm new to the board and everything is falling apart......

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking on here for sometime and everybody seems so helpful and kind.

It's been a really rough time for all of us. My first born son, 28, died of leukemia on January 16, 2003 after a 5 year battle. Still trying to deal with the greiving, then I get dx with extensive sclc November 2003. It's been a real emotional rollercoster ride with the holidays and all. My oldest son would have turned 29 on Janaury 2nd.

Now to add to everything else that I've barely been able to cope with is my boyfriend of two years decided to bail out on me. I found him with another woman last night. I'm really scared of what's facing me. My daughter is 26, married with a baby so I don't hear or see her much because she is busy (although she live a mile away), I have two sons living at home ages 15 and almost 17. They are the ones who give me the most support. My best friend moved to Georgia a couple years ago but we correspond daily through email. I have another friend nearby also who has been a great help.

I can't believe all this is happening.

Denise,

I am so sorry to hear you are struggling so much.

It sounds as though you have a good relationship with your younger sons. That is definitely a praise amidst all the turmoil. I have 3 boys (15, 13, and 11). I can totally appreciate what that relationship can mean.

To be going through so much and feeling alone in it is awful. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Denise--You sound like you have had your fair share of difficulties. I too have sclc with mets and am now 47, I was 44 when I was diagnosed. I can imagine what you are going thru. My youngest is 17 now. You my dear will need lots of emotional support. Do you have a church family that can help out? Post here daily and let us help. Prayers are being said for you.

Cindy

Hi Denise, you are always welcome to post here, we are all here and we will try to help if you are in need no matter emotional or information request. This is a good place.

Family and friends support is really important. It is good to know your sons could share your feelings.

Hang in there, and you can get lots of support here.

If you boyfriend bailed on you NOW, then perhaps you'll be better off without him around? Doesn't sound like he'd be able to handle it or be very supportive.

Cindy made a good suggestion - about a church family to help. If you don't currently belong to a church start visiting around. Church folks are always eager to adopt a new member and be there for you.

Your boys sounds like good kids.

Hang in there, and keep us posted.

Karen C. (Dave C's wife)

Welcome Denise I see you are not far from me. What is with all the Michiganders on this board? I know it's hard, but we're all hear to listen and support you. We'll be better than your best friend in high school, you'll see.

Rochelle

Denise,

Sorry that you have to be here, but you are in a good place. You will find a lot of support and information here. I am sorry you have to endure so many things at one time. You don't need the boyfriend, he's not good enough for you. Glad you dumped him... Hang in there and prayers for you and your family. Come here often and please let us know how you are doing...

God Bless

Karen