pain location

beatlemike

Hello everyone, For the last couple of months I have been having a pain that I can control with ibuprofen but maybe its time to see a doctor. It started out as a neck pain that hurt when I turned my head but now I really dont know if its a sinus infection,ear ache,tooth ache or a gland in my neck that is causing the pain. Sometimes I swear the pain is coming from right under my jaw in my neck but other times it feels like a tooth or ear ache. My sinuses are also a mess. Just wondering if anyone else ever gets this pain and how do you track the location down. Thanks.

Sorry I can't help you with that, but I think the best thing to do would be get it checked out. Sinus infections can cause all kinds of strange pain, and I mine never went away unless I got some antibiotics.

I know strange pain causes us all kinds of worry, but most of the time, it's something else.

Let us know how you are doing.

Cindy

I agree Mike and think you should get it checked out. Certainly sounds like something minor like a toothache or sinus infection, but the peace of mind would be worth it.

Yes Mike do get it checked out. Most likely it is a pain that has nothing to do with cancer and once you find out that it does not, you will have peace of mind. I have been through this many times.

Carol

• 2 weeks later...

I have TMJ (jaw joint) trouble which can cause pain in my ear, neck, head, teeth, side of face, and a general feeling of yuckiness. An easy way to see if it could be caused by this joint is to put your finger in your ear and then open and close your mouth/jaw. If you hear aclicking, or feel a grinding, uneveness in you ear then it could be TMJ. I know that when I am really tense I clench my jaw unconsciously which causes all those muscles to tighten up, then the pain sets in. Having to deal with cancer has caused me considerable stress and I have to watch how I hold my mouth/jaw to relieve some of that pain. I could be way off telling you this but thought it might be of some help. Hope you find an answer soon.

Dani