Thankful on my Birthday!

Joppette

Hi friends!

It's been about a month since I've been here! I apologize for being selfish, but that is what I've been. This second time around just threw me for a loop, but I am grateful and happy to say that I see progress in recovery!

First good news is that I passed the pulmonary tests and no longer have to wear the full time oxygen anymore! Words can't express what that is like. I didn't even realize how much being 'tethered' was affecting my lifestyle. But now that the tether is gone, it's wonderful! I still wear it at night, but am waiting for the test results from that too. If it turns out I need it at night, so be it. I'm just happy to be here, and doing as well as I am.

I posted on Facebook today (and saw some of my friends here there :-) that the best birthday gifts were being told that I do not have cancer, the support and prayers of family and friends (including those of you here), and the fact that I am finally wearing my OWN hair!

I finally gave up the hat two days ago, and had it colored (where did all that grey come from? LOL) and cut. It's my usual short cut but it feels so good to not wear a hat all the time.

Anyway, I just wanted to say HI. This coming Monday I start back at Gilda's Club on a weekly basis again, and I just started helping with another non-profit in my little town. Both are amazing and I'm grateful that I can do this.

So, with that! I'll cruise the boards a bit and see if I can catch up a bit.

Take care,

Judy in MI