Monday's Air

curlysue50

It is a beautiful, sunny fall morning here in Michigan. After a busy weekend it is very quiet here in my house. Bailey is taking his morning puppy nap and the only sounds are the soft hiss of my air cleaner and the ticking of the antique school house clock that my husband rescued and restored. Bailey has his next set of puppy shots this afternoon, so I will have to delay my swim until after that. I usually go swim at noon after the Physical Therapy group from the hospital finishes their morning use of the pool.

I got it in my head to try and make some doughnuts this weekend. We have gone a few times to the local cider mill and they have freshly made, warm doughnuts rolled in cinnamon sugar. We had to go 5 places to locate a cutter, but finally found the last one they had in stock at Williams & Sonoma. I got ingrediants for sour cream, apple cider, and buttermilk flavors. If I keep my energy level up I may try to make one recipe this afternoon.

Hope you all have nice things planned for today!

Susan

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Susan - not fair!! As if the apple cake weren't tempting enough - now it's donuts. I LOVE donuts, especially the cinnamon and sugar coated ones. I've been trying to remember and I don't think I've had a donut in 10 years. (I can't eat just one). Of course now I can't think of anything else so I may have to just force myself to eat one so I can get over it :)

Today is pretty busy -- lots of errands and bookkeeping to do, and I have an appt. with the insurance agent to go over options for group medical -- that is always stressful. Goes up so much every year and it is such a balancing act to keep the premiums down and the coverage worthwhile. Today is my first day on Medicare, and I have to admit it is somewhat of a relief!

My youngest son and his wife are having their third child by c-section tomorrow morning. Oct 2 was my Dad's birthday, so that is kind of cool. They have a 2-yr old and a 1-yr old (this new one is to be the last) - and for some unknown reason she has to be at the hospital at 5:00 a.m. Why would anyone schedule anything for that hour? That means I have to be at their house to take care of the 1 & 2 yr olds at 4:30 and Bruce, I know you probably think that is a normal hour, but not for those of us who are not "morning people". They chose not to know what sex the baby is this time - so it will be a surprise. They have two boys, so a girl would be nice but of course as long as it is healthy that is all that matters.

Guess I'd better get a move on. Hope it is a good Monday for everyone.

Very exciting news on the new grandchild being born tomorrow!. I had 2 c-sections, first one emergency. The second one scheduled. It takes some time to prep you for surgery and they are usually trying to use the operating rooms as efficiently as possible. I went in for an early surgery and then an emergency one came in. So, I got to wait! You never know what will happen when it comes to babies. Hopefully all goes well! Maybe if Bruce is up early, he will stop by to watch your grandsons.

I will let you know how the doughnuts turn out. I was sick a little bit ago and this has been going on for awhile. My PCP says it must be my chemo meds because all my blood tests come back normal. My oncologist says no because first 4 months on chemo med I did not get sick at all. The vomiting started 2 weeks after I started on a new oral diabetes med. One of the physician's assistants told me this is one of the harsher on the stomach. It has been getting progressively worse, so I made a call and left message for my PCP'S nurse. I need something else. Or at least a break from this one to see if that is the cause. It is so easy for them to say it must be the chemo med. I am sure they have no experience with this drug because it is so new to market.

Hope they figure it out soon. I do not enjoy getting sick. Plus, I have lost my interest in making doughnuts for now.

Susan

Good Evening Everyone,

Hope you had an enjoyable weekend,I did,had my first experience of attending to a large audience,mainly of women, watching the Bay City Rollers,it was quite an experience I can tell you,we were told at a pre performance briefing, not to allow dancing at the front of the stage,that could only take place at the rear of the seating areas,and no photography,well for the first half hour,I spent telling people to put their cameras away,please dancing only at the rear areas .It was difficult since we were being constantly challenged,then Les McKeown announces from the stage,ignore the security people?you outnumber them,so if you want to take photographs,and dance up front just do it,I had to smile,he just made me feel such a spoiler,but it was done for the best reasons,H&S plus allowing everyone to have a clear view of the show,particularly for some disabled people who were unable to stand upright.I did get some girls wanting me to dance with them and have my photograph taken with them,I even got some kisses on my cheek,methinks there may have been some prior drinking of alcohol on the night?

Sunday,went to Edinburgh,to Nicolas homecoming party,Duncan and Lindsey made me very welcome,I arrived shortly before Nicola,she was thrilled to bits meeting us,total surprise to her.Plenty of food and drink,BBQ,the weather was so sunny and warm for the last day in September,I was outside in a Polo shirt.Duncans house is hugh,sits on top of a hill overlooking beautiful countryside,would you believe his house is subject to a compulsory purchase order by the railway company,who next March will run a new track through his house and seven other neighbours.Although Duncan says his compensation package is above the market value of his home,he has his regrets about leaving,is daughter Laura was raised in this home,she sadly died of lung cancer at the age of 23 just prior to getting married.It took the docs over a year to dx the cancer,since she was an athlete and non-smoker.

Today again was spent with my new Phillidelphia friend Colleen doing our mailing run,should be finished to-morrow,its easy work and fun sharing the gossip with Colleen.

Hi Susan,hope you a feeling a bit better and get your meds adjusted,I really must send you my address for sending me some samples of your home baking,something I really love,I have such a sweet tooth,or even teeth LOL.

Hi Diane,How I envy you,about to become a grandparent for the third time,all I got from my daughter was to babysit her bichon friese puppy.Hope you get a good deal from the medical insurance guy,I dont understand medicare/medicaid,seems an outrageous way to run healthcare,I am so blessed living in the UK and not having to pay any more national insurance,all my healthcare is free,including prescriptions and eye tests,dentist is subsidised,mind you I did pay into the scheme 6% of my gross pay all my working life for the priviledge.I really hope the USA will introduce something similar,access to good quality healthcare I think is a right and should be available to everyone regardless of status.Well climbing off my soapbox I will say goodnight to you,Bye.

Eric - sounds like your new job is going to be lots of fun! I agree with you about our healthcare, and although there are lots of differing opinions on what to do - I don't think there is much argument that things need to improve.

Susan - I just got over being really sick to my stomach from some antibiotics they were giving me and in my opinion there is nothing worse. Have you googled the new drug -- I bet somewhere in the information on the side effects it lists nausea etc. It does seem like it can be hard sometimes to get medical personnel to listen to their patients -- hang in there and I hope you will be feeling better quickly.

Hope you are all doing well, or at least feeling better this morning. All that talk about doughnuts and apple cake has put me in major "must have it" mode, and Eric you're soon going to wish you were back at school to take a rest, you are so busy! Katie, my puppie should appear at the bottom, he's a little terror, running and bouncing and nipping; but he's going to lose his little boy parts on Thursday so hopefully that will help! Thanksgiving up here is next Monday and I will be heading off to my youngest nephew's place for the Abramowitz family Thanksgiving (sort of a cross between Thanksgiving and Yom kippur -- we're a very ecumenical, mixed up family!) on Sunday. My niece-in-law adopted a very maltreated horse about 4 months ago and I hope we'll be able to go to the stables and feed him some Thanksgiving dinner too. Curly Sue, it sounds like you'll have your new grandbaby by then -- I am sure all will go well and wishing for you that he/she arrives with no problem. Do let us know whether to start knitting in pink or blue.

If I don't see you before Sunday, let me wish you all a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving Day. It's a great opportunity to grateful for what we have, rather than being angry or distressed about our own individual struggles. Shine on, beautiful people!

Jane

post-13570-141270979614_thumb.jpg

Jane, it is actually Diane that is expecting the new grandbaby. If you would like to contact my most recently married daughter, Alison, and let her know I WOULD really love another grandchild, that would be wonderful. Your puppy is ADORABLE. It will be a couple of months before my puppy Bailey gets his little boy bits snipped, so until then I will endure the chewing and fighting little warrior, (just kidding).

Have a great family get together.

Susan