What has happened?

lilyjohn

I can't help but wonder what has happened to this board. Every time I meet someone who may have lung cancer or who knows someone with it or has lost someone I tell them about this site and how great it is for support in all of those circumstances. The truth is I come here and see that no one is posting in most of the forums and I wonder if everyone is just giving up on it. Make a post it is seldom answered any more. Are we forgetting how important it was to us and at times still is? What about the new people who come here, don't they deserve the same kind of support that we have gotten while grieving or for those of you who have been fighting the disease?

Sorry to rant about this but I was feeling so guilty because I have been too busy to come every day then I check and see that no one seems to be interested any more. It makes me very sad because I know that there are so many out there who could get help here in the past and now if they come there is no one around most of the time. :(

I check in several times daily and know what you mean... sadly FB has taken over the world it seems now... this is not only forum I subscribe and help with and others are same way though.... social media is exploding it seems....

I check in once or twice a day. So Randy do you think that people are getting there info and support on facebook?

Does anyone keep tract of how many people view this site each day? I was thinking that they may be reading but not posting as much as they used to.

Donna G

Hi everybody,

I am in here several times a day, and I know a few others are on here quite often too such as you Lily, Diane, Randy, & Mike. Everyday I reach out to the new people who we haven't heard from and we have had a few pop back in. See the "Introduce Yourself" forum for some of the latest posts. Facebook is out there too but most of the intimate conversations are still happening here. I also post all of Dr. West's blogs here. We also reach out on Facebook and other social media platforms to encourage people to come in. We are definitely open to all suggestions.

I feel part of the problem is that if even all of us who post here regularly reply to the new members it is still just a handful of us. I think the solution would be to have more of a crowd post replies and new posts within the forums, so there could be faster replies and more interaction within all of the forums. I know Katie is working hard to make this happen too. Please don't give up on us. We really appreciate all of you who come in daily or as much as you can. We know everyone's time is important and we are honored that you choose to spend some of it with us.

Talk to you soon,

Cindy A.

I may be wrong Katie ( believe me, my wife reminds me a lot) but it seems it isn't as easy to access as it was before it become part of Lungevity. When you now use the search bar and type in lung cancer survivor community the only thing that comes up is a link to Lungevity and if you click on that it says no longer available. But there is a option to go to cancer inspire also comes up on the search list and is available. I do believe joining Lungevity was a great move but it just made it harder to connect to Lung Cancer Survivor Cpmmunity.

My computer language isn't to good. I use yahoo search bar whenever I am looking for information. When I type in lung cancer support community and hit search a list of many result sites comes up. Toward the top is one that says support community-lungevity foundation and if I click on that it says not available. So then I go back to the results page and the next on the list is lung cancer survivors support community-Inspire. And if you click on that it takes you to the Inspire website.

I just put LCSC as a favorite. Now all I have to do is go to my favorites list and click then I am here. Didn't mean to drag people down but just keep coming and not seeing posts for days sometimes and that had me wondering. Glad to know that people are reading even if not posting so let us old members try to come more often and give them something to read. It is so easy to get caught up in life and lose track of how many days it has been. I am very guilty of that myself but will try and do better. It has gotten harder after loosing so many of the people we had grown to know and love. What about long term survivors you have one thing that everyone needs and that is hope. Just share that you are a survivor and for how long.