Hi I am Michele

mdorvil

Hi I am Michele and was diagnosed with stage two andenocarcinoma which was also in my lymph node in May 2013.  I had two lung surgeries and chemo.  I then lost my job.  I am a single mother of five.  Three are grown and two (16 and 9) are at home.  I get no support from their father.  While I am currently "ok" using my retirement to live, I am scared to death I am not going to find a job and/or the cancer will return

Hi Michele,

Welcome to LCSC,its always a pleasure for me to up with a new friend.I am really sorry to hear of your domestic situation,however you are blessed with having five lovely children to share your life with,I wish everyone well.With regard to your dx,I was dxd in Oct 2008 with stage 2 NSCLC with lymph node involvement,I was given four cycles of neo adjuvant chemo (cisplatin and vinorelbine) followed up in Jan 2009 with a upper right lobectomy.I made a full recovery and returned to my college lecturer post soon after.I have since retired and living a full life enjoying every day I get.I suppose all lung cancer survivors have that little thought at the back of their minds about the possibility of their cancer returning from time to time,I can promise you that feeling slowly diminishes with the passage of time.Here I am now seven years past my dx,having the time of my life,one where I believed at the outset of my dx would not be possible.

I wish you a recovery to full health and happiness.

Hi, Michele I am from Chicago, IL but moved to southern Ca almost three years ago. My heart goes out to you. I have a nine year old daughter and every day I worry about passing before she becomes an adult. We both have to just take things one day at a time and not worry about tomorrow. Easier said than done I know but we can't do that to ourselves. We must just be grateful we have today. I think it's just our nature as mom's to worry but please know you are not alone. We all have fears let alone what we are dealing with. Your fellow lung cancer friend,

Debbie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Michele, WELCOME!  I am glad you found this message board. I too am sorry that you are not receiving the parental support. You have US though. Also,I am not sure if you have heard of http://www.cancerandcareers.org/en but they are a great resource. They have monthly webinars and provide guidance on job hunting. I look forward to getting to know you better.