Hi!

Hi, I am Suzanne and I am new to this forum.  I am diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer with the ALK mutation and am currently taking Xalkori.  I like to keep up with all the latest information and share with people on how they are doing.  

Hi Suzanne,Welcome to LCSC,always a pleasure to meet up with a new friend.Sorry to hear of your dx,best wishes for an excellent response with Xalkori.I look forward to sharing posts with you,I live in Bonnie Scotland,I live with my partner Liz in a place called Morningside,Newmains, Wishaw in North Lanarkshire,we are really enjoying our lives together.We have just bought a lovely motorhome yesterday,which we intend to use to travel about Scotland and the other parts of the UK,possibly when we gain a bit more confidence and experience we will cross the English Channel and travel through Europe,since Europe like the USA drive on the wrong side of the road LOL.I am off tomorrow to Maastrict in Holland to see a concert with Andre Rieu and his Johann Strauss Orchestra,its a wonderful setting in beautiful Square in the town,I am so looking forward to this event.

Bye for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Suzanne, I too was recently (3 months ago) diagnosed with stage 4 non small cell adenocarcinoma and tested positive for the ALK gene and am on Xalkori 250 mg twice daily. I have had no side effects at this point (3 weeks). I will go back for my next oncology appointment on Aug. 7th and am of course very interested to see how/if the drug is working.