Mally

Mally

well ive had my 12 month post op ct scan results today and from the previous scan 6 months ago i have a lymph node that has grown a little bit so oncologist said that because i had the previous scan on the last day of my chemo that it could be just because of that but wants me to have a biopsy to see exactly why next week and said i may be able to have immunatherepy treatment if needed.anyone had this situation ?

Sorry to hear about your concerns and that you're going to have to have a biopsy, Mally. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your lymph node is just being odd and that all is well. When I had surgery for my "other" (non-lung) cancer, I had 27 nodes removed because they looked weird (to both the surgeon and the pathologists) but it turned out that only 1 0r 2 were malignant and the others were just odd. Let's hear it for odd but benign lymph nodes!

Bridget O

Mally

Not a lymph node, but adrenal gland. Had a nodule that had been sitting there doing nothing since first CT a couple of years ago. Now it's grown some and lit up on PET. I'm almost 5 months out from chemo. Had biopsy on it Monday. Awaiting results. Oncologist is saying the same-maybe immunotherapy. Hope your eventual biopsy is all good. 

Judy M.