Radiation results

Judy M.

Have finished the radiation course on my hip met. This was called palliative radiation by the Oncologist. I was having enough pain in that hip to make walking difficult. I ask him before the treatment if he was going to kill the tumor or simply try to shrink it. He said he was going to kill that tumor though he couldn't promise it wouldn't pop up somewhere else (which I knew). My pain in that hip has been reduced by about 80%. I can now walk without looking like Chester on Gunsmoke and have gone back to exercising with his permission. But the continued pain makes me think the tumor is still there. Oncologist say no that it's just swelling or inflammation causing it. Anyone have any experience with this? Having my second S. B. R. T. on my adrenal today and first infusion of Opdivo. A bit concerned about how I'll react to the double whammy, but would rather be fighting hard than lollygagging around letting the cancer gain more ground. If I had it to do over would have ask for S. B. R. T. or oblation on hip tumor, but hind sight is no good. Will go from here. Appreciate any info you guys have on any of this. Good news is that other than periods of exhaustion when I have to eat good and rest to get over it I feel fine and am able to pretty much just go about my usual life. 

Judy M. 

'I'm happy to hear that your pain is reduced, but sorry it's not completely gone. I don't really know anything about  this, but  I wonder if the cancer in the hip could be gone and there could still be some pain because further  damage to your hip has been stopped, but past damage from the now-dead tumor has not been "fixed" and is still present.  Just a thought. I hope for the best for you.

Bridget O

Archived