LCNEC

STD

Greetings. My dad was diagnosed as lung large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma (LCNEC). I am trying to find some information about LCNEC from this forum. I searched using key words of " large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma" or "LCNEC". But I got nothing. I'll really appreciate it if someone can give me a hint that how to find related information of LCNEC. Thank you so much!

Best,

Ben

Hii STD,

I don't know of anything on this forum  about LCNEC and I can't recall any members writing about it. It's a pretty rare form of LC. You can find information on the internet, but it may not be the kind of thing you're looking for. Maybe another forum member will have informaiton.

Bridget O

STD,

Large cell lung cancer is a rare form of non small cell lung cancer.  Neuroendocrine cells are found throughout the body, including the lungs. There is no neuroendocrine circulatory system like the lymphatic system. But, I’ve not heard of someone’s neuroendocrine cells characterized as having or becoming cancer. 

Sorry I can’t be more helpful. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

Bridget O and Tom, thank you for your response though. Yes, I heard Large cell lung cancer is kind of rare cancer.

Ben

Archived