HER/2mutation

Coming up 3years non small cell lung cancer.Had 2/3left lung out Jan 2016 been through different chemo regimes.Had small met on brain mets on bones to cut a long story short recently found out I have HER/2 mutation.Am now on Kadcyla infusions every 3 weeks.Its keeping me stable but I’m worn out from it all .wondering how long I can keep going.

Diana,

Welcome here! You've survived quite a lot in 3 years including bone and brain mets.  We all wonder how long we can keep going because lung cancer treatment is such a slog.

You mentioned you have NSCLC but did not mention if is large cell, adenocarcinoma or squamous cell.  I'm wondering because HER/2 mutation is commonly associated with breast cancer and I didn't know that Kadcyla was approved to treat lung cancer.  Nevertheless, I do hope your treatment is successful.

Stay the course.

Tom 

Hi Diana and welcome,

As Tom says, you've been through a lot! I'm unfamiliar with this drug-- does it have a lot of side effects? Hang in there and keep us posted. Let us know how we can support you.

Bridget O

Hi, Diana,

Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing? Please feel free to post updates and ask questions. This online community is a great place to find information and support.

We are here for you,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived