Finding a way forward with new stage 4 lung diagnosis

Tim B

Hi looking for success stories and how to learn to deal with this new world.  Two (2016) years ago a lobectemy, (stage 1 NSCLC) upper left lobe.   Believed they got my cancer.  Never smoked.  June 7 (2018) 7 tiny spots in three different lobes.  2 to 7 mm.   Wedge resection in sept and two removed.   Now stage 4 and stable.  They are not growing.  A candidate for immunotherapy.   So many things to learn and understand.   Of course what does the future look like.   Needing some success stories!  Thanks 

Hello Tim from a fellow Stage IV never smoker.  I’m new to this world and learning real fast.  You’ve been through so much!  This is definitely the place to ask anything. 

You might be interested in this: One of my LC pals told me about a new book: The Breakthrough: Immunotherapy & the race to cure cancer.  Exciting innovation is here.  

I’m sure the others with more experience will chime in.  Welcome to your new family. 

Michelle 

On 12/27/2018 at 12:35 AM, Tim B said:

Hi looking for success stories and how to learn to deal with this new world.  Two (2016) years ago a lobectemy, (stage 1 NSCLC) upper left lobe.   Believed they got my cancer.  Never smoked.  June 7 (2018) 7 tiny spots in three different lobes.  2 to 7 mm.   Wedge resection in sept and two removed.   Now stage 4 and stable.  They are not growing.  A candidate for immunotherapy.   So many things to learn and understand.   Of course what does the future look like.   Needing some success stories!  Thanks 

I will have my second lobectomy in January 2019. Avoid air pollution/ wood burning/ get social support/eat a balanced diet /exercise etc good luck hope for the best

Most welcome Tim.  You may also want to check out: Anti-Cancer Living by Lorenzo Cohen PhD.  He runs the Integrative Medicine Program at MD Anderson.  The other great resource is The Cancer Fighting Kitchen by Rebbecca Katz. 

These are my survivor guides!

Hi again. As a follow up my first line of attack I was told will be immunotherapy.   Then a discussion on chemo. Much of what I have read is that chemo is done with immunotherapy?  Or first?   Just continuing to learn on here as I continue to read.  Thanks Tim 

Archived