New italian caregiver

ale

Hi, i'm italian and my mother (73 age)have lung cancer 4 stage Egfr+ esone 21 from september; dicembre Tarceva, i read yours message with traduction and i need support... thanks

Ciao Ale, e benvenuto. Parlo un po d'italiano. Ho studiato in Italia, a Lucca , molti anni fa. Ho dimenticaoto molto, sfortunatamente. Cosi, scrivero in inglese!  There is  a forum for EFGR in the forum NSCLC and you might find some helpful information there.  Also, on the main Lungevity website, Lung Cancer 101 has good basic information. The link is https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/lung-cancer-101 . Tell us how we can support you.

Bridget O

Thank you, i need every info about pleural metast, egfr+ and Tarceva; in the egfr forum there are no recent post or discussion;

thanks with love

• 4 weeks later...

Grazie, ma non sono su Facebook, sto cercando informazioni sul metastatismo pleurico perché mia madre ha solo questo e probabilmente non funziona;

lei è EGFR + 21 e prende Tarceva dal 6 dicembre, la marcia Tcin ha una remissione parzial ... un'altra domanda: in futuro è possibile un'operazione?

Grazie grazie

Sorry for my writing but I'm italian..latest TC have parzial remission...have only pleural mets...

sorry thanks, I like every info of everyone...i'm afraid!

Ciao Ale,  It's normal to be afraid when someone you love has cancer!   I don't know if an operation will be possible in the future. Usually operations are only done for small early-stage cancers usually stage 1 but sometimes stage 2. 

Note to other forum members who don't speak Italian: you can easliy get   translations from any language on Google Translate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, ale,

Welcome to LCSC. My name is Lauren and I'm the Digital Community Manager for LUNGevity Foundation.

I'm glad to see that you've already connected with a few of our members. This community is a great place to find information and support.

LUNGevity's website has information about EGFR and treatment options: https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/lung-cancer-101/treatment-options/targeted-therapy 

Here are instructions that may help you translate the website from English to Italian if you use Google Chrome as your web browser. I hope this helps!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Lauren Humphries
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Grazie, mi piacerebbe sapere se è possibile una remissione completa sui metameriti pleurici, mia madre ha solo un rapporto pleurico e il dottore dice che è in 4 . Ciao

Sorry, I write in italian...I'd like know if Egfr is ereditary and if is it possible complete remission on pleural mets...my mother have only pleural mets only this....age 73 after breast six years ago... thanks kiss every One

Ale,

Benvenuto.

È possibile una remissione completa con il carcinoma polmonare in stadio IV?

Non usiamo il termine di remissione nella comunità del cancro ai polmoni. Speriamo che i risultati del trattamento non presentino evidenza di malattia o NED. Nella malattia di stadio IV, ci sono un certo numero di tumori metastatici. Il trattamento può eliminare questi tumori? Sì.

Tuttavia, dovresti tenere presente che tua madre potrebbe aver complicato le condizioni mediche che influenzano il trattamento. Inoltre, il cancro ai polmoni è persistente e spesso si verifica un numero di cicli di trattamento prima di raggiungere il NED.

Ciò che è ragionevole e molto possibile è che il trattamento prolungherà la vita di tua madre. Per quanto? Nessuno lo sa, ma il miglior consiglio è godersi l'estensione della vita.

Mantenere la rotta.

Tom

Translation....

Welcome ale,

Is a complete remission possible with stage IV lung cancer?

We don’t use the term remission in the lung cancer community. We hope treatment results in no evidence of disease or NED.  In Stage IV disease, there are a number of metastatic tumors. Can treatment eliminate these tumors? Yes.

However, you should be mindful that your mother may have complicating medical conditions that affect treatment.  Moreover, lung cancer is persistent and one often experiences a number of treatment cycles before achieving NED.

What is reasonable and very possible is that treatment will extend your mother’s life. How long? No one knows but the best suggestion is to enjoy the life extension.

Stay the course.

Thanks Tom, I read every day your message in this site and last week same pages of your book "scanziety"...my mother have only pleural mets and in october have a "talcaggio" on pleural... sorry for my english...every doctor says me that pleural mets don't go away alls...she have only pleural mets in One lung...I hope One day she Can have a operation... thanks and kisses

Archived