NSCLC

Hello,

I have had NSCLC with brain mets for 7 years. I have had a fairly good quality of life so far. It's a bit confusing because I have heard some really harsh news in the doctor's office over the past 7 years, yet, I keep pressing forward. My first diagnosis I was told I had a tumor in my right lung. Then a few months later they found brain mets. I did many WBRT treatments and had some of my lung removed. Then I got a lot of chemo. Then for 4 years I had nothing. 2 years ago everything came back. I had some lesions in my right lung and in my brain. More chemo and SRS. Although, this time I was told I would always have chemo for the rest of my life. 

A few months ago they found more lesions in my brain and some more growth in my right lung. I started yet another chemo and WBRT. I know it sounds devastating but I am still thinking very clearly and my quality of life seems good. I feel tired sometimes, but I am still pretty active.

Does this sound like anyone else?

I often wonder what the end times will be like and that scares me. I know I have surpassed many survival statistics. Sometimes I think that my cancer is present but just very weak and or slow.

My doctors are always hopeful and tell me they will keep fighting for me. 

I hope I live for many more years.

Wow! What an inspirational story. I’ve had a lot of recurrence but no brain mets. I’ve known survivors who’ve had one WBRT but you are the first I’ve encountered with multiple treatments. And, that is a very good experience to share on our forum. 

So I say, good for you and I hope you just keep wondering what the end time is like while enjoying the good life. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

I'm happy to read your story, too!  Of course, not happy you've had to go through so much rigmarole, but glad you are still feeling reasonably well and enjoying life.  I know your experience will provide a lot of hope to others.  

Glad to have you here with us!

Archived