newcomer

Guest toyehouse

Guest toyehouse

Hi I'm Kathy (toyehouse) I was diagnosed withLung cancer(adenocarcinoma - nonsmoking) on Feb 21st, 2003. It spread to my liver and to my spine. I'm only 49. I have 4 children (all girls) and 6 grandchildren. Also am getting married on April 3. I just had a bone scan, got results today. There are active signals on my rib, and 2 places on my spine. I see my oncologist on the 24th, and have a catscan on the 17th. I was in remission (or so I thought) since Nov. 03. I had chemo (taxil and carboplatin) spelling may be off. Sorry! The neurologist said that it was probably there since first diagnosis, one lesion on my spine is decreased from last yrs MRI, and mostly burned out from the chemo - but not entirely.

I have faith in God - know I am in his hands - have wonderful family and friends, and church. Sometimes you just need to talk to someone else who is there too, or has been there. Other survivors are so imp. to the healing process.

Please write me, I will answer you back. Today was not my best day, however, I feel blessed to have had it. Love, Kathy

Guest toyehouse

Hi this is Kathy from the Toyehouse. I had a disappointing day. Bone mets in two places in my spine and in my rib. I do not see my oncologist till the 24thFeb. Have another catscan on the 17th. Alot scary. Had a good cry yesterday, and today is another day. Thanks for all my replies. That was my bright spot in my day. My fiance is very positive and supporting. Didn't really want to have to deal with this again until after my wedding. Guess I'm no longer in remission...Kathy

Kathy,

Not much to say but "hang in there". Sometimes the fight goes a few rounds longer than we'd hoped for, but the last bell hasn't rung yet! There are a couple of folks here who've been through the spine/rib thing with a lot of success.

It sounds like you have the attitude needed to get through all this. One day, one hour, one glorious minute at a time.

Dean

Hello Kathy,

A big welcome to ya!! :) Sorry you have to be here, but glad you found us. I know you will find the comfort, support and inspiration from this group as I have. Know one should have to go through this alone !!

again, welcome, God bless and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"