Sabacat Posted August 15, 2020 Share Posted August 15, 2020 It looks as if this is in my very near future. In addition to the pleural effusion (that was drawn off a couple of weeks ago), I have a pericardial effusion that is getting too close for comfort to the point where it could cause cardiac tamponade. While we hope it will go away once a successful treatment is under way, it is being recommended that we go forward with this "window" surgery to avoid having repetetive pericardiocentesis via needle. Will see both the oncologist and surgeon on Monday morning, but am interested in hearing from anyone who may have experienced this so I'll have more questions lined up. I am pretty sure, despite them calling it "minor" surgery, that it will require several days of hospitalization due to drains, watching for complications, etc. It's probably a good use of the time while we await the molecular testing results, but wasn't on our original agenda. Thanks! Susan Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.