Worry worry worry

catlady91

My mum's recurrence has really taken it's toll. Im researching my lung cancer all the time and have no life. I had a look through my mum's medical papers and I worry what if its small cell. I saw on her papers squamous cell and followed by tested showed same cell carcinoma, EGFR wild type and PD-L1. 

Is this a typo for small cell or is same cell referring to squamous cell. My mum's other reports show SCC which either stands for squamous cell carcinoma or small cell carcinoma. She had chemo and radiation followed by durvalumab last year as the cancer didn't progress though the immunotherapy didn't work. Recently she had a PET that showed fairly small local recurrence. 

I want to check I'm not confused that she has small cell.

Have you looked into what you need to do to communicate directly with her doctors? A paper to sign, etc.? You need to be asking questions of the people who actually know something, not asking us to guess what "same cell" (an apparent typo) might mean. I'm not being unkind, but it would be sheer speculation for any of us to guess.

Squamous-cell carcinoma of the lung

Squamous-cell carcinoma of the lung is a histologic type of non-small-cell lung carcinoma. It is the second most prevalent type of lung cancer after lung adenocarcinoma and it originates in the bronchi. Its tumor cells are characterized by a squamous appearance, similar to the one observed in epidermal cells. Squamous-cell carcinoma of the lung is strongly associated with tobacco smoking, more than any other forms of NSCLC

EGFR is a receptor.  Small cell doesn't test for receptors.  Your post does not indicate that it is a small cell diagnosis.

Lastly, if it's a recurrence then it is usually whatever her first diagnosis was, you should know that.  

Archived