COVID vaccine

Shella677

Hi there , happy Friday! I’m fresh into month 2 of my targeted therapy and things are going really well. I just received my 2nd COVID shot on Wednesday and noticed Thursday morning that  2 lymph nodes on my neck that were pretty much gone by day 5 of of my pills had popped up again. Not even close to as big as they were but noticeable to be me as I feel my neck every morning.  I have a call in with the nurse and she’s going to run it by my dr but just thought I’d see if anyone had anything similar. 

Lymph node swelling is fairly typical after the Covid vaccine, and as a result they advise not scheduling mammograms until several weeks after the vaccine. Congratulations on getting your shot! 

2 hours ago, ChiMama said:

I had some swollen lymph nodes after my second shot, too. They resolved after a week or so.

Hi Chi, were your lymph nodes cancerous? Mine are and it has me stressing as they were shrinking.

Hi Sheila,

Cleveland Clinic actually released an article explaining why lymph nodes can swell after receiving the vaccine and why it is a good thing.  It can be found here.  I agree with your doctor, relax for now, keep an eye on it and let's see what happens.  It would be a shame for you to stress over something that really does appear to be very closely tied to your receiving the vaccine.

Lou

Archived