Metastasize kidney cancer to the lungs and the survival rate

Linda L

Metastasize kidney cancer to the lungs and the survival rate

hi can anyone give me their experiences or data on survival rate for any longevity with kidney cancer cells that have metastasized to the lungs in extremely small mmnodules currently but may be treated with immunotherapy. Not sure if  therapy has the same difficult side effects of chemotherapy. Looking for any knowledge advice and experience in this area. Thank you Linda

Linda,

Welcome to our forum.  Your question is well above our pay grade since our support consists of sharing our experiences and knowledge with those suffering from LC.  Have you had this conversation with your doctor and, if so, what has he told you?  I wish I had information and solid data to share regarding prognosis and/or mortality with you myself, but I do not.  But, you will likely soon hear from people who have had immunotherapy and they will have knowledge and experience to share.  So hang in there.

Lou

Linda,

When cancer of a known type migrates to a different organ (diagnosed kidney cancer metastases to lung), it is treated by drugs and procedures relevant the type first diagnosed. We are not knowledgable about how kidney cancer might be treated or outcome probabilities. I did some searching and found this site that may have answers to your questions.

Tom

Archived