INTRODUCING Myself

jogo

Results of my first Lung Biopsy today--- Adenocarcinoma  Cancer-That was the Right Lung -I'll be having a Bronchoscopy with Biopsy next Tues on my Left Lung then Wed a Micro Needle Biopsy in my Salivary gland. All showed as bright spots on my Pet Scan 

Hi Jogo - so sorry you are going through this but glad you found the forum. Sounds like you have quite a bit on your plate for the next week or so. That's a lot to digest. I presume the oncologist will start deciding on a treatment plan once all of the results are in. Do you know if your oncologist is testing for mutations?

There will quite a few people who will stop by to welcome you. They have much wisdom and experience to offer. Please know we are all here for you so please keep us posted.

Thanks, Lots and Lots of road to go.  I suppose I'll be finding out  in the next couple of weeks what's ahead but i have a positive attitude. 

Jogo,

Welcome to our forums.  As Susan said, you've already gone through a lot, but the diagnostic stage is so very important to determine the appropriate treatment protocol.  In these forums we (lung cancer survivors) share our "knowledge through experience" and I can assure you that there is a very broad range of diagnosis and treatments within our group.  In the meantime, I'm sharing a primer called "10 Steps to Surviving Lung Cancer; by a Survivor", written by one of our members regarding his 18-year journey after a Stage 3, then 4 diagnosis.  That writing can be found here.   In the meantime, please ask any questions you have of your medical team as well as on the forum and we'll be here to support you.

Lou

Hi Jogo, and welcome. I’m hoping your docs are sending all the tissue they’re collecting for genetic/biomarker testing. That’ll help you understand your disease better, as well as the treatment paths that may be discussed. Hang in over this next period of time. 

Karen

Archived