How to increase appitite

Kelvin4426

Hey guys my mom has been having troubles with her appitite since treatment especially when she started immunotherepy last month. She feels like giving up treatment because of this so was wondering what you guys did to build up your appitite

I still do not understand why your mom is getting immunotherapy with her EGFR mutation. I was told by many doctors that these are incompatible. I understood Osimertinib should be used (Tagrisso) with EGFR patients.

Did you ever get an answer about this? Did you get a second opinion?

1 hour ago, LilyMir said:

I still do not understand why your mom is getting immunotherapy with her EGFR mutation. I was told by many doctors that these are incompatible. I understood Osimertinib should be used (Tagrisso) with EGFR patients.

Did you ever get an answer about this? Did you get a second opinion?

I honestly still don't know all I know is that they do this immunotherpy for stage 3 regardless of mutation and if the cancer comes back they will do targeted therepy. Unfortunately my mom was supposed to start her 2nd round of immunotherepy today but found something in her blood my mom got the call yesterday but was asleep hoping it's nothing but I'm worried about today

I am Stage 3b EGFR Exon 19 deletion, and immunotherapy was not considered once my biomarker testing came back. I still don't understand her treatment plan and would seek a second opinion. 

Kelvin,

Have you or your mom asked for a second opinion on the treatment protocol?  It might be a wise thing to do right now.  Also, you may want to add a "palliative care" person to your mother's medical team.  That addition may provide some more oversight into side effects and how best to control and/or eliminate them.

Lou

Archived