Cancer, go away!

Ariharry

Hi. My grandfather is a smoker for over 40 years, and the cancer still appeared. About 10 years ago, he had a complicated heart surgery, after which he felt better. Two years ago, he had pneumonia with 25% lung damage, but he successfully coped with it. Now he has severe circulatory problems. I'm afraid for him, I really want to support him, but I don't know how not ot to show him my fear. I really hope that we can forget cancer like a bad dream, and he will feel better. We help him with the whole family to cope with this, but still it is hard for us to realize that he has such a diagnosis. He is a real fighter, and I am sure that he will be OK soon. I wish everyone to recover from this terrible disease and never face it again!

Ariharry,

Sorry to hear about your grandfather's condition.  Please take a look at our Caregiver Resource Center as there is information there that can help you in your role as someone looking out for a relative.  Please let us know if there is some other information you may need.

Lou