Too painful

Kris

In a few days it will be six months since I lost my Dad. I miss him so much. Time does not seem to be healing me. When will the terrible memories of this awful disease that took him away from me fade and be replaced by happy, loving and peaceful thoughts?

I know that he would not want me to feel this anger or sadness and I know that he is still with me as I am a part of him, but I just miss him so terribly. I'm angry that he is not still here with me to talk to and to hug. It's just such an empty feeling that is left. I guess I just need to know that everyone heals in their own time and I too will start to find peace with this great loss.

Kris

Kris, grief has no map as it is different for everyone. The memories of when your dad was sick are so painful and heartbreaking. It has been a year and four months since my dad died, and i still have those painful memories. However in the last few months I have started to have happier memories other than his sickness. Please know you are not alone. Mirrell

Kris, I'm in the same boat that you are. I lost my Dad 6 months ago. I know that everyone says that time is the only healer. I just wonder also when will that time get here. I miss my Dad so much too. I made a shrine kind of thing to him. It's a glass 4 shelf case and I put things from him in it, like his welding helmet, cards from him and so on. Then I put collages of pictures all around it. I look at it every day. I guess for me, I figured seeing it every day would help. I have to admit that it does make me sad at times looking at it but there's times that I smile seeing the Daddy that I'm so proud of and so proud that he was my Dad. I'll be thinking of you and hope that you'll find something that helps you through this. It sure is a rough road for all of us and you just wonder how people do it. My thoughts are with you. Take care, Shordy