3 months since diagnosis

Ellebee53

Hello! I’m a 69-year-old woman diagnosed with stage 4b NSCLC EGFR exon 21 L858R TP-53 with mets to bone and brain. Started Tagrisso in June after brain radiation. Had a rocky first month but I’m feeling better now. Glad to join this community and hoping to be here for a good long while!

Edited by Ellebee53
Spelling

Hi Elebee,

Welcome to our forums.  Glad you found us but sorry you need to be hear.  There is a lot to unpack in what you posted and while my own story did not include mutations, but there are many here who will share their stories and experience with you.  We also have people who have been diagnosed at stages 3 and 4 who are still with us years later.

In the meantime Id like to share a few things for you to read:

1. The article "10 Steps to Surviving Lung Cancer; from a Survivor" is a great primer on survival.  Written by one of our members first diagnosed at Stage 3, then Stage 4 and still here with us 19 years later.
  2. You may want to look at our forum on EGFR, there are others there that will be able to share experiences similar to what you have gone and will go through.
  3. There are some posts under "Chemotherapy" for Tagrisso and I did a search and came up with a few you may like to look at.  They can be found here.

We hope to see you often...ask any questions you may have, and you can even come here to vent...you will find understanding and support here.

Lou

Hi there,

I’m Marianne- just joined and have EGGR L858r mutation- on Tagrisso since May 17 with some side effects- I’m in Toronto CA, where are you? 
awaiting CT scan to compare with before and after Tag

Not sure about Exon 21?

so far no pleural effusion (had lots before) so by inference it’s working- I do have pain around my right rib cage (no bone mets) CT s hopefully will reveal???

all the best on your healing journey 

Welcome aboard Ellebee!

I was diagnosed nearly 20 years ago, well before the many advances in lung cancer treatment. Tagrisso is a very effective medication for dealing with adenocarcinoma with an EGFR biomarker. If I can live, so can you!

Stay the course.

Tom