Early summer: scans and a lot of living

I've been away from the forums since March, when my 91 year-old mom tested positive for Covid. Her care during the acute illness and her recovery became my focus until the end of May, when my husband and I began three weeks of travel: NYC, then 2 weeks bicycling along the Danube with extra days in Prague and Budapest. It was an extraordinary experience, even in the moment when lung cancer crashed the party. No, nothing bad, just one of the occasional spasms of grief that seem to be part of my experience. (I wrote about it here.) 

Toward the end of the trip, one of our group came down with a cold. The day after we landed at our airport, I had chills and a runny nose. The day after that, I had a positive Covid test. It was mild-- the doctor remarked that I didn't even seem sick. I had a small fever for five days, isolated from the rest of the household, and have emerged with a small cough. Thank goodness for vaccinations. 

I also had my quarterly scans last week. Everything is stable!  🎉  Now it's back to living life which, once this cough is quiet, will involve a lot of bicycling. 

It's nice to be back! 

I was on a river cruise in May on the Danube starting in Budapest...gorgeous area.  I'm glad to hear you had a great time there, that your covid was mild, and (most importantly) that your scans are stable.  Keep on enjoying life and it will serve you well.

Lou

@LouT  I’m so glad you got to see that beautiful city and the whole area. Nice way to celebrate being alive, eh?