Lung Cancer

Hello my name is Diana my journey started with a terrible cough at thanksgiving 2023 which I saw my dr for a long with many test. 
I was diagnosed with some time April / May I’m not sure of the dates.  Anyway I saw a pulmonary oncologist, which said he could see two nodules in my upper left lung and we would need to do a biopsy because he was pretty sure that they were cancerous. We did the biopsy and they were cancerous. I have two different kinds of cancer in that lobe they’re both in the, adenocarcinoma group but being two different cancer it has made me a stage 2-B.  I had my upper left lob removed July 10th 2024 & I’m still recovering from that 17 day hospital stay.  They decided to a follow up treatment of Chemotherapy which I just got my port this passed Thursday.

I start my chemo treatment on August 6th 2024 for 4 treatments in 12 week period then on to immunotherapy after that. 

so that’s a little information on my journey so far 

Sorry you're going through this. Having two Cancers does not change the staging of lung cancer.  Each would be staged separately.   2b is an early stage lung cancer and has a favorable survival profile especially with today's treatments. With Imfinzi that can approach close to stage 1. I've been on immunotherapy for  4 years for stage IVb.  

sounds encouraging.  they cut out the lobe with the tumors.  chemo and immuno for insurance.

i guess it depends on the chemo, but i had chemo day 1, then immuno day 2.  repeat every 3 weeks.

some chemo and immuno can be given from day 1

Sending support, Diana!  That was a long hospital stay!  Agree with the others on early stage and treatments will offer you more "insurance."  Wishing you well and please keep us posted......

Hi, Diana,

Welcome! I'm glad you found us. And, I'm so glad you're making it through recovery from surgery. We're here for any questions or concerns. 

Karen

Hello everyone,

I am here on behalf of my father, who recently discovered that he had lung cancer. He had a "mass" in his lungs that appeared to be benign and was growing slowly over a 6-year period. Unfortunately he did not think to tell me about this mass until his radiologist recommended its removal a few months ago. All the tests he'd done indicated that the growth as benign, but after getting it fully removed via video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery, the pathology report indicated that there had indeed been cancer cells. So now we're trying to figure out what to do next.

My mom passed away of colon cancer 9 years ago. I think I would feel devastated to be going through supporting a parent with cancer again if I weren't still so oddly numb. I hope that at least this time it's been caught early enough that we can stave off the worst from happening.

On 9/4/2024 at 6:14 PM, Alex K said:

Hello everyone,

I am here on behalf of my father, who recently discovered that he had lung cancer. He had a "mass" in his lungs that appeared to be benign and was growing slowly over a 6-year period. Unfortunately he did not think to tell me about this mass until his radiologist recommended its removal a few months ago. All the tests he'd done indicated that the growth as benign, but after getting it fully removed via video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery, the pathology report indicated that there had indeed been cancer cells. So now we're trying to figure out what to do next.

My mom passed away of colon cancer 9 years ago. I think I would feel devastated to be going through supporting a parent with cancer again if I weren't still so oddly numb. I hope that at least this time it's been caught early enough that we can stave off the worst from happening.

Alex,  please do two things:

1.  Please copy your text here to a new post in this forum (Introduce Yourself!).  In this way folks can focus more clearly on your situation rather than merging it with another's post.

2.  Education is critical when dealing with this disease.  It's important that you (as family) learn all you can.  It increases your productivity as a caregiver and reduces the fear and anxiety that goes along with any potentially fatal disease.  The section is titled "Recently Diagnosed" and it can be found here.

I'll see you on the new post.  Once you've done that I'll come back here and delete this post so folks don't get confused about what they are responding to and you won't need to search for responses in more than one location.

Lou