no insurance

Guest Jonthan

Guest Jonthan

my uncle was recentely diagnosed wth neuroendocrine cancer and hehas no insurance. what can we do? I am trying to get him into cook county public hospital in chicago, but that place is the pitts! HEL! Jonathan

Jonathan,

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncles cancer and with no insurance I can tell how concerned you are about him. I'm not sure but I was thinking that you should check with the State and find out what resources they have. I know that they have "pools" for cancer patients and high risk insurance. I'm not sure about ILLINOIS but its worth a try!

Praying for the best for your Uncle.

Laurie

Dear Jonathan,

A friend of mine who was diagnosed with cancer had no health insurance. She was treated at a Catholic hospital here in Atlanta. I believe she eventually qualified for federal assistance. From what I could tell, she received very high quality care despite her limited resources.

There should be someone on the oncologist's staff, a social worker or counselor, who would be able to offer suggestions and guidance on community/state or other resources for your uncle.

Good luck to you and your uncle,

Ada